The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The time has come...the galant's replacement

BoostedAWD91

Well i figured id give an update since i haven't been on the board much over the past months. Its been quite a journey driving dsm's and galant's for the past 15 years, but the time has come to upgrade to something alittle bit newer to play with. So as much as i hate to do it, the galant is gonna be put up for sale sometime this summer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif, just not ready to get rid of it just quite yet. Especially now thats its all built up and close to hitting the 500HP range with the right tune.

So I went out and bought my first evo. Its a 2006 Evo IX MR 6 speed. It has a good solid foundation to start with by being pretty much completly stock except for a few minor things. Just has a full 3" AMS Exhaust, AMS FMIC and AMS LICP and still riding the stock clutch. Its in excellent condition and drives like a dream! I just hit 59,000 miles so its gonna be getting a upgraded clutch and timing belt job in the next few weeks so i know everything is perfect. Anyway here are some pictures, ill have to get some interior pictures as well of the lovely Evo 9 seats /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSX_TC

Congrats, she's a beaut. I hope to own one some day as well.

bobdole

Nice Evo. Silver the best color.

Brianawd

There are times I miss my Gvr4, But then I look in the drive way and see the evo.

BoostedAWD91

Thanks guys!! Ive wanted one forever and its a great feeling to finally have one! Yeah, i know im gonna miss my galant, but having a Evo will surely fill that void quite well! The funny thing is after driving the Evo, i miss the galant cause its SO much faster than the Evo right now. Will have to get to work on that

Last edited:

mitsuturbo

I hear insurance on those is the highest of any non exotic car out there. What's a typical monthly full coverage insurance payment on an evo 8/9 ?

GSX_TC

Quoting BoostedAWD91:
I only pay $60 a month for full coverage

Fred loya or freeway?

JoeDaddy0

LOL 400/yr on more than 500k policy on GVR4 in Eugene. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Congrats
who repairs it? I am in OR and go to Gatewayautocenter.net in your neighborhood with my high maintenance needs.

Last edited:

JNR

Congrats!

I wouldn't think insurance would be outrageous if you're over 25, own a home and multiple car discount + no tickets of course...If you're a teen then I'm sure they'd fukk you in the ass on rates! (When I was 16, they charged me $3k a year for liability on a 71 buick skylark, wtf!)

JCorbo25

Looks nice, I've always liked the MR 6-speed.

I've owned 2 Evos, then bought my Galant VR4. I think I'm doing it backwards.

JNR

I wish the EVO X MR came in real manual, as I really like them (other than the price) and would consider one as a future vehicle when they come down a little, if it weren't for that. That is, after I sold #20 and it being a replacement, but there are sooo many other cars I'd like to try out.

Last edited:

matt92vr4

Love those cars. 500 HP Evo9 Mr is the shiznit.

VR_IV_MR

how much for the bilsteins and the bbs's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

really though when you get some coilovers and new rims, shoot me a pm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jesus_Negros

NIce evo, I think if I was to get an VIII or IX it wouldnt be silver.

Quoting JNR:
Congrats!

I wouldn't think insurance would be outrageous if you're over 25, own a home and multiple car discount + no tickets of course...If you're a teen then I'm sure they'd fukk you in the ass on rates! (When I was 16, they charged me $3k a year for liability on a 71 buick skylark, wtf!)

Wow they charged you 3k in 1971 thats crazy!!!! Thats probably 1/2 of the cars msrp.

Get an Evo X! It's worth it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

SleepinGVR4

Quoting VR_IV_MR:
how much for the bilsteins and the bbs's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

really though when you get some coilovers and new rims, shoot me a pm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

He probably won't upgrade anytime soon. And if he does your at the end of the line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

BoostedAWD91

yeah i won't be getting rid of those wheels or suspension, i love the suspension and the wheels. I have a set of 3 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 wheels that came on the Evo FQ400 i believe it was. One of the FQ models, that im looking to sell. click for info and pic

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned