The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The time has come to move on...

AWDPower

Well, it's been a great nine years. I should have stuck it out one more to round out the decade. But it's time to move on. I'll miss the rest of you guys, you've been great. I hope the next group I join will be as knowledgeable and supportive. Things are so different now from when I first joined the group. I wasn't the first, but I think I may have been here the longest. I see more and more poeple joining all the time, I wonder if they really know what they are getting in to. It was a tough decision, but I made it. I was nervous at first, because change can be scary. But you know what? I think I like it. And I don't think I'm coming back. No, I'm not leaving Galant VR4.ORG- I'm leaving my fellow JSB members. You see, my car has touched terra firma today. I hung up my jackstands. The car seems different now, so, so low. Build thread coming soon. Do I have the longest continuous jack stand record? Car went up sometime in '03, came down today.

turbowop

Even I think the car is super low when it's sitting on tires instead of jackstands. And that's after only a couple of days. I can't imagine how low it must feel when it's been on stands for almost a decade.

conradical

Wow nine years is nuts! My car has been on stands for two years due to the lack of time and money. I bet it feels good to know that your moving on to the next big thing.

citymunky

9 Years on jack stands? That's crazy.

4Grim

Congrats man!! I dont i will break your record...but #1948 is going on 5 years.

89Mirageman

I for one applaud you. My last 3 major projects have all been sold or scrapped due to lack of time, money or dedication. I have decided to just maintain my daily drivers until I can build a real shop/garage behind my house. To think, almost 10 years working on the same project and you never gave up and saw it through. Great job man!

its pretty hard to stay on point and finish the task. mines been down for a year and im so close but yet i dont want to rush it at the same time.

AWDPower

The funny thing is that there wasn't much "wrong" with the car when I parked it. I was changing the transmission. In the mean time I started aquiring parts, and it turned into a real big "while I'm at it." The car took a back burner to house projects, a 24 Hours of Lemons car, then a couple of kids. After so much time had passed, I figured it would be a shame to just slap it togther, so I took my time to do it right. Plus I blame all of you guys and your threads of beautifully restored Galants. I also bought a couple newer cars, plus a reliable older Miata. I've got a funny related side note though. Back in 2005, I bought a new Subaru Legacy GT wagon. I swore I wouldn't mod it until I finish the Galant. I've been happy with the car, and it has been my work car, so I kept my promise. I figured I would take my usual DSM route of upgrading parts as they wore out/broke. The car had been so reliable, the only thing I got to upgrade was the clutch/flywheel at 100k miles. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago. I'd been chipping away at the Galant this year, but still had a lot of work to do on it. My stock, reliable, babied Subie, now at 145k miles, cracked a piston ringland. So I've been working like crazy on the VR4. I need those jackstands for my Subaru.

5OF2k

Wow, that's nuts that the GT toasted the ringlands. Definitely not ideal, to say the least.

My old Talon was a very similar stpry to your GVR4, just in realtion to sitting for years. I bought a couple engines rather than building my own, and got screwed every time. Finally said "eff-it" and parked it, decided to build my own, properly. Went the poor-mans route of 2gP/1gBR and ARP hardware throughout, all that jazz. That motor has now been accross country more than a dozen times, and STILL doesnt use a drop of oil between changes, OR leak, period. And who cares that it took me almost 3 years to get it running again.....(read: BROOKE as a joke. Rice and ketchup diet, mostly).

Definitely not as long as yours though, thats for damn sure.

Im excited to see pics man, get on it!

-Jake

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Does it have to be a VR4 to play? I have one in the garage for 12 years, one for 22. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Terry Posten

Why not. Those old Datsun's are more rare than VR4's.

Do we need to have a meet at your house with a 510 in one bay and Ryan's GVR4 in the other? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JNR

Well, mine hasn't been on jackstands a whole lot, but hasn't been ran in 6 1/2 years now...always get to the almost there, but totally can relate to the sideline things that come up constantly. What a feeling that must be the first time going again.

Chevelle's going on 13 years now, boo and after putting such a transformation around 16 years ago...

raptorWagon

Quoting Terry Posten:
Why not. Those old Datsun's are more rare than VR4's.

Do we need to have a meet at your house with a 510 in one bay and Ryan's GVR4 in the other? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Come out this way, it's 510 galore in the Greater Seattle area /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. There are four 510s (two of which are wagons) on craigslist right now.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned