The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The time has come...the galant's replacement

BoostedAWD91

Quoting mitsuturbo:
I hear insurance on those is the highest of any non exotic car out there. What's a typical monthly full coverage insurance payment on an evo 8/9 ?

Im paying $110 a month for full coverage on the Evo and the Galant through state farm

blacksheep

Congrats, looks like a good buy!

I would love another Evo someday, possibly the X MR as its the closest to a GTR and affordable. But, the brand new ones are close to 40k and Mitsu won't really discount them. Buying used is always worrisome since someone could have beat the crap out of it and the TC-SST transmission is money to fix... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

JNR

^^^Yeah, they are quite pricey and almost too much so (for me to justify), but imagine you may be able to find one that's about a year or two old that hasn't been abused, but it is one of those cars you want to buy new and one of the only thing I liked about buying new when I got my GTO is I knew it wasn't abused (compared to so many I see and hear about, although least most folks keep the miles down on them). My buddy still has his and is putting a procharger on it as we speak...can't wait to see that insanity, lol (was a handful stock if you were being stupid).

JCorbo25

Eh, if you are crazy about the X MR but think it is too expensive, take a look at the Lancer Ralliart. Has most things in common with the MR (like the SST) and you can swap Evo parts directly over to it (think IC piping and FMIC) for some cheap power.

SRM had a few for $27k (new) but I have a soft spot for the 8/9.

JNR

Saw a couple ralliarts here for $28k and while that is still a lot of $ if you think about it, seems 'cheap' in comparison to the MR. I honestly don't know if I'd like that transmission though on either of those, so that leaves the EVO GSR (for a 5-speed), but then you get penalized with that ugly wing, lol.

I would like to go drive one here soon for the heck of it, but the young sales guy (cool guy to bs with) didn't know about the VR-4 and wants to check it out, so told him I'd cruise by there with it and he'll let me drive the EVO's or Ralliart. (I could drive it anyway, but thought it'd be nice to show him something of their heritage so to speak).

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned