The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

The retail $1000 sun visor

mitsuturbo

Well, since it's friggin impossible to find a full 3 gauge A pillar for a GVR4, i was left wondering where to put my WBo2 gauge. I've already got 2 on my pillar (60mm egt, too big to put anywhere else, and OP.. more important at a glance than WBo2 if you ask me!) Its thin enough, i figured i could put it in my visor. While considering this, i figured since my Blitz goodies were basically rattling around in the pocket under the stereo, i'd put them in as well. I'll probably revise it a little in the future, and add my DC-II turbo timer control interface as well, in a better sun visor. (mine's kinda crappy, and was great for a first go at this) Fortunately, there's not so much as a lump or a bump on the back side of the visor, and when folded up you'd never know anything was there!

DarkDevilMMM

nice work, but is that going to be too heavy that the whole visor is going to sag?

coz I clipped a bluetooth heads free on my visor, after a couple weeks, the whole visor will never close to the original position anymore, it always opens a little.

mitsuturbo

I doubt it will sag. Prior owner of my car had a bunch of CDs up there for quite some time, which easily weighed as much as what's up there now, and it still feels pretty tight.

gtluke

cool. I took my visors out because they won't stay in place anymore at all. Someone find us a suitable replacement /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mitsuturbo

Self service junkyards often have G's with good interior. Fortunately the Galants weren't usually abused by kids that had poor judgement in modification techniques (such as putting blue neon lights around their mirror) as they seem to generally have been used as commuter/family rides. They also aren't picked clean by dorks wanting to rice out their 1.8L eclipse, like the DSMs usually are.

14u2nV

I had my pda mounted the same way, but got too annoyed with having to drop the visor to look at it, hopefully you like yours better.

curtis

I guess you already figured it out but the visor is just a piece of bent wire. You could easily enough use a piece of aluminum sheet metal and then cover with suede if you ever have any sag issues

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned