The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Mofugas Car IS Back In Action!!!! 11-23-08

Boostin21

heres what i did to the gas tank... rubberized undercoating on the whole thing, will help prevent rust and make it look mint for those who peek!

now can someone check CAPS and tell me if FWD galant fuel tank straps work on AWD galants?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I'm thinking the GVR4 doesn't utilize tank straps but bolts on at the flange...

Last edited:

jcgalntvr4-244

Thats correct Ice they use bolts on the flange

Boostin21

Oh sweet, here i thought they used straps like some gas tanks. Thanks guys.

Boostin21

Stock rebuilt B&M tranny has been purchased, it will get built for only the cost of parts over winter, in stock form it should last until i store it again.
begin the count down

JB

Your not done yet? /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/grin.gif

Boostin21

I BOUGHT A TRANNY!!!
Its only a stock rebuild, but it will get the job done until winter when i will have it built!

waiting for some more money and i say 2 weeks it will be running and road worthy!

Congratulations!

Sounds like we're racing to finish both our projects. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/wink.gif

Boostin21

exactly! we should meet for half way and have a race for the ultimate jackstand racing vr4 project supremecy crown! or something along those lines.

CO VR4

Quote:
we should meet for half way and have a race for the ultimate jackstand racing vr4 project supremecy crown

Heck, you guys are even ready for a seat in front of the podium for the "ultimate jackstand project". /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/smile.gif Where's cheekychimp? /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/smile.gif

Boostin21

well hell i think this car has been off the road for 6 years if i remember correctly!

now i am in a picle and need seats, i sold my kirkeys to my buddy because he wanted them for his mustang... well he wants to sell his stang and the seats... so if anyone has a lead on some EVO 8 seats let me know.

blacksheep

I may have a lead on some Evo 8 LEATHER seats - In close to mint condition! Not to be an ass - but don't expect to be a cheap ass DSMer for this stuff. Evo Leather is very hard to come by as it only came in SSL cars

Boostin21

yeah i dont plan to be a cheap ass, i spent another $6000 on this car after $20,000 with labor was stuck into it before i bought it...
just let me know whats up, maybe i can snag some at the AMS swap meet.

Isn't it horrible?

I just dropped another $3k. Grand total, could've bought an EVO!

Boostin21

hi again!
i will post pics when i can but damn is she close! tranny is in, axles in, all lines are in just need to get fastened. turbo setup is in, suspension is in... but there lies the stripped out axle bracket bolt holes in the block... no i/c pipes, no seats, no widshield and i need 1 tire.

well everyone, i have failed you /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/frown.gif car will not be out anytime soon, i am behind on money and dont know what i want to do with the car yet. drag or road race? car would kill through the twisties but will be tuned over winter and could potentially hit high tens on race gas. so yeah confused as hell and yes bummed out big time.

sorry fellas maybe next year...

Give me a call Sunday as I am going upnorth. I will give you a hand to get this thing done. You are to close....

JB

+1 on being too close man.

Boostin21

appreciate it Rob, but i just dont have the funds right now and still need...
intercooler piping, figure out the dumptube, 1 BFG 205/55/16 tire, a rear caliper, front pads, battery and relocation box and a CAS and i think an alternator. oh and a MAS.

i just need to take a step back and get some money, and wait it out until next year. get it tuned get the suspension dialed in, work out the bugs.
that way i can figure out how to make 500whp stay on the road and run like a champ.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned