The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Gauges (which ones match the stock interior best!)

cheekychimp

I'm stuck in a bit of a dilemma again.

A long time ago I asked Paulo to produce some carbon fibre pillar pods for the project car. When he went AWOL for a while, I formulated a plan to mount gauges in the three manual A/C holes.

Which turned out rather nice.

Then Paulo sent the Gauge Pods

img.php

So now I'm considering putting the pods in the stock car. Like I said it's a bit of a dilemma. I want the stock car to fly under the radar a bit and the other car is going to be so "in your face" I hardly think having some pillar pods is going to blow my cover. But I want the stock car A/C in the factory position as it will be the daily so the logical move is to put the pods in that car.

I looked at these which look as if they'd match the interior quite well with 'green' selected.

click

Any other suggestions? I also have four spots available. For a daily, mildly tuned car I'm thinking, boost, wideband, voltage and maybe water/methanol.

Any other suggestions here?

SmoothCustomer

Those look great, and they would probably be good seeing that you are going for an all out build. Personally since I'm on a much more strict budget I will be going with these, since I think they look really stock when the lights are off, but I'm not even sure what color they light up as. I'm assuming they are just white light. Click

cheekychimp

Yes but I was actually thinking those gauges matched the stock car more. The other car has a pretty much all red dash now. These would still match of course but I was thinking more of for the other car.

Last edited:

ozyvr4

Those pods are great. Are you putting guages on both sides of the car. You have pods for both sides.

I just bought the prosport premium guages is white/green. Should match the car. White during the day & green at night.

How can I get a pod for the right hand side. Aussie/ Jap side & how much?

blacksheep

Does Omori still make gauges - they used to make gauges for Greddy. I used to love the way they looked and matched interior, but you cannot get them in the US anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Dan D

I think VDO vision match very well. The lighting, colors, and font are all correct for the cars age. I have the boost and oil psi and they look like they could have come with the car.

cheekychimp

Yeah, the original plan was to put the EGT and Wideband on the passenger side for tuning purposes. The pods were specifically designed so that even the two pods n the passenger side should be clearly visible from the driver's seat. They are a work of art and it would really be a crime not to use them. I just can't make up my mind what I want to do with the stock car. Mechanically I've decided on a plan that I am happy with, but I don't know whether to just stick with the stock interior and play it all down or throw in an EVO 9 interior and these gauge pods and shake it up a little.

Paulo should still have the molds for these, so you should be able to get just the driver's side one for your car. They are correctly orientated for a RHD as well. You will need to look at a way to mount them however as they don't come with any mounting tabs. I'm just intending to drill a small hole at the top and bottom of each one and weld a small nut into the A-pillar or just drill and tap it. I might fix a permanent spacer to the rear of the pillar trim so that it is supported when the bolt is tightened.

Last edited:

pot

Staff member
+ 1 on the VDO "Vision" series gauges, particularly when using the supplied green bulb -it matches the interior almost quite nicely while providing for that late '80's/early 90's nostalgia.

I'd have to also say the greatest thing about VDO gauges aside from their simple looks is both the quality and accuracy but most of all the price.

-pot

Chad989of2000

I love how the Autometer Sport Comp gauges look in my car. Black backing and green illumination match the interior lighting perfectly IMHO.

Nabeel

Under the radio" Let the radio down & gauges up..But

They are OK for some meters which are not required to look at while accelerating such boost gauge..It is impossible to see them at this case.

bustedsm

Pro-sport takes my vote.

I have two in the speaker pod (Oil pressure and water temperature) and one in the under-dash drop down (boost). As well as my PLX wideband in the center of the gauge cluster.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts