The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tease: Shortened Front USDM Bumper

prestonztt

Just a quick lil tease for you guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2011-08-09174059.jpg

BrandonEchols

Dear God...please make a how-to.

GSX_TC

Quoting BrandonEchols:
Dear God...please make a how-to.

LMAO you are hilarious man

JNR

That's the easy part /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif The important part I'd like to see how you did it is at the wheelwell opening...So, break out the camera and start snapping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSX_TC

I see you have the JDM single bulb corners but are thoseUSDM headlights or JDM ones

prestonztt

Quoting JNR:
That's the easy part /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif The important part I'd like to see how you did it is at the wheelwell opening...So, break out the camera and start snapping /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I made a jig for when I did the rear bumper and it lines up perfect for the front bumper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The headlights are just USDM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I wish they were JDM.

GSX_TC

they have like 5 sets of JDM headlights on ebay man

curtis

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

GSX_TC

Lol even while being in the marines for a while now that still doesnt get old to me haha

mistaVR4

For folks that really want the JDM look? Also, the different H series bulbs that are available for them? I believe you can buy these bulbs in a different light spectrum than the stock 9xxx stock bulbs as well..

prestonztt

UPDATE......

Got the chance to work on it a lil bit more tonight and got pretty far. I still need to trim the wheel well up a little bit cause its a little to long, then just throw a couple more bolts on the side of the bumper and it will be done.

I snapped a quick pic of the progress.

2011-08-10003412.jpg

Diego

Please do a how to with pics if you took any along the way

prestonztt

Don't worry, I am /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've snapped quite a few pics of the progress. As soon. As I get it all fixed up, I'll do a How-To.

curtis

Sweet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

This looks great! Awesome job. This was something I thought about doing as well.

a2vr4

well done sir! I look forward to seeing the mechanism that holds it in place as well as the newly shorted backspacing in-front of the radiator support.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif
~Brian A. Moreno

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned