The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

uneven front after lowering springs

Tre3zy

ok so here's the story i just recently put sportlines in the front of my vr4 and it seems like the passenger side is a lil higher that the driver side.... is any of you guys had this problem.... wat did you guys do to fix it.... thnx

-triz

jepherz

Staff member
The car isn't even to begin with. And for performance reasons, when you corner balance the car, the heights won't be the same anyways. Other than that, the only way I can think to deal with it is to use some sort of coilover collars maybe? I don't like the idea of that thought.

onesickcrx

Are you sure you have the front springs in the front and rears and rear not mixed up side to side?

Tre3zy

yea i though about it not being even hahaha.... ok thnx.... its not really that noticeable unless i point it out.... maybe if i take out the abs motor on the driver side maybe that will even it out....

My car is like this. I don't know what is the cause. I noticed this years ago & it seems to be how the car is. Coilovers will solve that problem though.

dmj

Same here the I have 1/2 in difference in height on the passenger side pissed me off at first now I am used to it.

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting Garfield Wright:
My car is like this. I don't know what is the cause. I noticed this years ago & it seems to be how the car is. Coilovers will solve that problem though.

The difference is the car's weight isn't even. How can you expect 2 springs of the same length and compression to arrive at the same height?

If you measured the car stock, you probably would have found one side higher by 1/2" than the other.

Hertz

Staff member
It's almost like the setup was designed for the driver to be on the right hand side.

Tre3zy

ok just to let you guys know that the left rear and right rear is about even but the the front isnt....

Quoting jepherz:

If you measured the car stock, you probably would have found one side higher by 1/2" than the other.

My car is still on stock springs and there is a difference in fender to tire gap on the front. The only reason I've noticed it is because I stare at the car all the time. No one else has ever mentioned it.

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting Hertz:
It's almost like the setup was designed for the driver to be on the right hand side.

Eerie.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

atc250r

Staff member
Quoting Hertz:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

G

Staff member
If you are just eyeballing fender gap then that's the problem. Your fenders could be off. You need to measure from a flat even ground/ surface to a common point on the unibody to get exact ride heights on both sides.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts