The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

suggestions advice and help how to remove bolt from bumper trim/ SOLVED.

kooter

How do I get to this thing.

Tried a wrench , a socket and extension. Just can't seem to get it out.

img.php

Last edited:

Barnes

I want to say I recently took this bolt out. I'll try to remember to take a look when I get home. I know it's kinda goofy to get to. I almost wanna say you have to come in through the back via the wheel well.

prove_it

^yep.

It's a pain to get too. Pull back the fender liner and you will see it. You can leave it out after you remove it.

turbowop

Are you talking about the bolt that holds on the steel piece between the headlights/grill and the bumper? I'm pretty sure the bumper needs to come off first if so.

prove_it

You can still slide in there and get to it. Back when I had no clue what I was doing I removed the bumper by taking all those damn 10mm nuts off to remove it.

I managed to take the filler off without removing the bumper. Was it easier? NO.

turbowop

That's also not something you'd wanna do if you have nice paint, as it's highly likely you'll scratch the sh*t out of the top of the bumper trying to finagle that thing out of there.

Barnes

I managed to get the fender off without removing the bumper, or the metal trim piece between the headlights and the bumper. But I know I had to take a bolt out that was attached to that strip. I don't remember it being something that would damage the bumper, but I remember it being a pain.

I'll figure it out tonight.

kooter

I am going after the end's of the skinny trim that sits on top of the bumper.
I just got both fender liner's off this morning.
I am actually taking everything off.
bumper, fenders everything.
So I can clean clean clean maybe a little more cleaning and then some painting.

I will be back to it in about an hour so I am sure I will find some way to get it off.
Thank you for the advice, I will try from the wheel well and see how that goes.

Scase90

Remove the inner fender first which makes it a lot easier to get to everything. The bumper has to come off first to take the other trim piece off which is held on by two bolts. Hope that helps you out. Easy peazy lemon sqeezy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

kooter

Thank you to everyone for the help, I actually got the bolt off from the front. Front lights off the car. With a ratcheting box wrench.
I would like to point out that I did manage to remove that piece of trim before taking off the bumper. Not proud of being a little rough with the old girl, but I was gently at the same time.
After checking back on the org and printing out a very helpful diagram about removing the bumper. I took my time and finally got it done.
bumper diagram

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned