The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Stupid car

Chase

Everytime I fix something something else happens haha. I did the brakes yesterday. Now I have something grinding as I drive and I can't find what it is. Not the dust protector since I checked that already. Guess I get to tear it apart again. Dammit

mikus

if rear brakes, check to make sure the parking brake lever on the caliper isn't hung - esp. drivers side

Chase

Its so damn hard to tell on my own since all I hear is noise. I have to get someone here to listen as I slowly coast to find it.

dammitjim

If the parking brake lever on the caliper is stuck you'll be able to tell by looking at the caliper. Compare one side to the other. IIRC it's right on top and you could probably see it with the wheels on the car.

Or go for a drive with minimal braking and then get out and touch each wheel to see if one is hotter than the rest (from the brakes dragging).

Chase

Yea I'm just trying to figure out what it is if it's the front and not the rear.

donkeylips

Raise all four wheels off the ground. With the car out of gear and the parking brake off, turn each wheel a little bit and see if you can pinpoint it. This is also a good way to test the parking brake on both sides (engage the brake and make sure neither wheel can turn; disengage it and make sure that both turn freely).

Chase

Got it figured out. One little corner of the dust cover in back for bent. I just overlooked it. Now I just need to do the front main seal on it to stop the damn oil leak. Tons of fun that will be. Thanks for all the ideas guys.

DR1665

Whip the horses eyes.

I would have just removed those shields while I was in there. The only thing they do with the dust is direct it outward to the backside of the rim and whatnot. Oh yeah, and they also like to catch small pebbles, which get caught, gouge rotors, and make all kinds of horrible, OMFGWTFISTHAT noises.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned