The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Starts fine the first time, but turn it off and let it sit for awhile forget it.

I have a 91 Galant gs Manuel transmission. Has a 93 motor in it because some college kids blew the original. I dont know much about Galants so im at a loss here. The car starts fine drives fines and what not. But turn it off or kill it and you are stuck for the next 45 min to an hour. The car will not stay running when you try to restart it. The hole car shakes from the engine back, pretty bad actually. We thought it might be a fuel pressure problem so we got a new fuel regulator and nothing same thing with a fuel pump. We got nothing now were at a loss for things to try. So any ideas.

boosted_85

Before trying to restart the car, start with the basics. Since the car runs, skip the compression test and check for fuel and ignition. Sounds like a bad power transistor(igniton module).

I'm having Same issue with my 91 galant VR4 1901. Only mine does not shake, and I have to let it sit for several hours before it will restart.

steve

Vapor lock? The FPR solenoid is supposed to help with that, if that is in fact the problem.

chucklesas

Sounds like 2 different issues for the two of you.

ToBad - I would try removing the FPR solenoid, or at least capping it off and the lines going to it. I removed mine and got rid of all the other emissions stuff and never had a problem with those hot starts ever again. Go to VFAQ.com and check out the pages on emissions. You should be able to find some information there.

Josiah - Have you ever had the ECU in your car checked out or replaced? The capacitors tend to go bad after some time and cause damage the the board. There is a sticky on these forums that talk all about the ECU issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned