The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

need help with running engine stalled suddently

fongvr4

I am a new owner of a VR4. recently, I put in an ebay fuel pump, new fuel filter, new power steering belt. the engine starts up fine, and drive fine too, except one problem. while driving, the car will stall, feel like not getting any gas or something. once turn off, restart, and it will be ok. then I let the car idle for over 20 minutes. it does not die. but the other time when I let it idle for about 15 minutes, then engine will cut it self off.

is it fuel pump problem again? or there is something else? the alternator appears to be ok with about 14v when running. the battery was not strong, but seems to hold juice.

any clue?

thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

EHmotorsports

Test your fuel pressure and let us know what the readings are at idle,cruise and full throttle. Also check the codes and let us know what codes you find. I would also perform a boost leak test or a smoke test to find any vac leaks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned