The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Spark Plugs?

BadVr4

Quote:
Bosch.

bosch is not the right plug for our cars. for a modded dsm u need ngk bpr7es unless you are spraying it then you would need 8 or 9's

Galantvr41062

I ran NGK BPR8ES in my car, gapped to .035. I plan to try and gap the plug out untill I get a miss fire. The hole point of the ignition system is to provide the biggest initial kernel possible, anything after that and the ignition system as nothing to do with the flame front speed or cylinder pressure.

~John

GHETTOSwing

Quote:
Bosch

At the least, I'm pretty sure those "Bosch WR7DTC" are in the wrong heat range, IIRC, I believe the equivalent of a NGK "7" ("BPR7ES") heat range, is a "5" for Bosch.

Quote:
Quote:
Nobody indexes spark plugs anymore?

What for ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

The real reason for Indexing plugs is 1: to project the strap away from the piston dome or 2: to advance or retard the timing on one particular cylinder based on EGT's or Pressure sensors.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Its not hard to do although you'll probably need 2 or 3 extra plugs to get it just right. Just put a mark at the top of your extension with some white out.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned