The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Spark blowing out... i think....

Hksvr4

Did you replace the transistor. I forget what it's called. The black think that is connected to the side of the intake manifold? What about your CAS? Have you tried another one?

Edit: See if you can find plugs without the "R"

Last edited:

ktmrider

Quoting SleepinGVR4:
Come on someone mention something I haven't tried already.

How bout starting at the begining.
Did this problem come on suddenly ( maybe after a specific mod ) or has it been present for awhile?
Was it better or worse during the summer vs winter?
At what boost level does the break-up start happening or does it never go away?
Do you have a stutter box and if so have you disconnected it for troubleshooting?

Last edited:

Nate

Does it matter how long the car has been running? Does it happen just after you put fresh gas in the tank out of a tank that's been in the ground?

Check the filter sock on the bottom of the fuel pump. I'd even try removing it for a pull or two.

SleepinGVR4

Quoting Hksvr4:
Did you replace the transistor. I forget what it's called. The black think that is connected to the side of the intake manifold? What about your CAS? Have you tried another one?

Edit: See if you can find plugs without the "R"

I'm goin to try a new transistor next. And no I haven't tried another CAS yet.

Quoting ktmrider:
Quoting SleepinGVR4:
Come on someone mention something I haven't tried already.

How bout starting at the begining.
Did this problem come on suddenly ( maybe after a specific mod ) or has it been present for awhile?
Was it better or worse during the summer vs winter?
At what boost level does the break-up start happening or does it never go away?
Do you have a stutter box and if so have you disconnected it for troubleshooting?

Boost level doesn't matter its at high rpms. Yes I have a stutter box and no I haven't disconnected it. I don't know why I would have to.

Quoting Nate:
Does it matter how long the car has been running? Does it happen just after you put fresh gas in the tank out of a tank that's been in the ground?

Check the filter sock on the bottom of the fuel pump. I'd even try removing it for a pull or two.

I just had my fuel pump out to replace the line between the pump and the bottom of the sending unit. The sock looked clean.

4thStroke

My issue turned out to be more than just regapping the plugs. They were already gapped to .018. I threw some NGK Iridium in there, gapped them .018, took a little bit of fuel where it was blowing out, and its good.

Good luck.

ktmrider

Quoting SleepinGVR4:
Boost level doesn't matter its at high rpms. Yes I have a stutter box and no I haven't disconnected it. I don't know why I would have to.

What does a stutter box do? Answer that and then re-ask the same question.
Guess you don't want or need my help, smart off to someone else who has more time.

1941Galant

Sean, we can toss on my black top CAS and transistor this coming week if you want. I want to reset my base timing (advance it a little) anyway.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned