The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

sorry if I...

Status
Not open for further replies.

turbowop

When it comes to spelling/grammar in writing within the U.S. I'm pretty sure there aren't any regional differences. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif We're pretty lenient toward those from other countries though.

The number of scoldings are directly proportional to the amount of n00bs refusing to write in a coherent manner.

Last edited:

atc250r

Staff member
Most of the stuff we complain about is just people wanting to "sound cool" by using stupid slang, typing on the forum like they were texting their buddy, or not taking a minute to read over what they just typed before they hit the button to post it. The one thing that drives me NUTS is when some guy who has been on the board for a week and has never even interacted with me calls me "bro". I've never met you or had any interaction with you but all of a sudden I'm your bro? WTF?

John

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting turbowop:

The number of scoldings are directly proportional to the amount of n00bs refusing to write in a coherent manner.

That would be "number" of n00bs, just like you properly used "number of scoldings". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

turbowop

OOOOOOooooo. pwnt by iceman. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I need to remember that when I'm standing on my soapbox ranting about grammar, I should probably use it correctly myself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

SmoothCustomer

Quoting atc250r:
The one thing that drives me NUTS is when some guy who has been on the board for a week and has never even interacted with me calls me "bro". I've never met you or had any interaction with you but all of a sudden I'm your bro? WTF?

"...And what's with all this bro sh*t? He doesn't wanna be your bro and I don't blame him."

So because the post says NY at the bottom for example. That means the guy registered in New York can't be of different ethniticity, with poor grammer? Come on guys, no way do you know who your reeming. Grammer is important to an exstent, but were do we draw the line. Point being some of you reem *ss, just to reem *ss. This is a car forum, and MOST of the poeple are here for answers, not repeated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif *ss chewing's. Just an opinion.

atc250r

Staff member
If we allow people to post totally unintelligible things it brings the quality of the entire board down. Many of the problems would be solved by simply using a browser with a spell check built in its not so much someone's inability to spell properly that's the problem, it's the fact that they just spew sentences out without taking the time to look at what they've written.

BTW. Its grammar and reaming, extent has no "s", and ethniticity isn't a word but ethnicity is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif Sorry for being a dick, sometimes I can't help it and its all in good fun.

John

Well I'm glad you can read and all but they where unhappy with my spelling! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

No hard feeling's man. I wouldn't say d*ck, just d*cking around. Breaking in a noob or two. No biggy. It's when someones excessively worrying about my grammar/ spelling when I really need my question answered, to further proggression on my car thats gripe's me.

atc250r

Staff member
Here's the thing. If the question looks like a 7 year old typed it up then a lot of guys on here (myself included) won't even bother to answer it. The same thing goes for a thread with a title that is useless like "HELP!" or "Car is broken". I'm just trying to help you guys get the most out of the experienced guys on this board. I still say that getting a browser with spell check is a great way to make your questions more likely to get answered.

John

Wait a minute. So the guy that doesn't even have a gvr4, or a even 4g63t is chiming in? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

prove_it

Yea, but don't knock them. They still know more than you do. They've earned the respect they deserve.

beigetsi

If this would have been the NABR board Iraceu would have been permabanned long ago. Thats the reason I learned how to work on my own car. I got ducked so many times and lost so much money. Funny how 6 years pass and I went from oil changes to headgasket changes to full rebuilds. Its amazing what reading,pictures, and the internet can do.

Quoting Dbossman:
Wait a minute. So the guy that doesn't even have a gvr4, or a even 4g63t is chiming in? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Man; you're pethatic, i hope you know that. There aren't 3000 gvr4's around here, and they aren't sold for a lousy average of 5000usd either. There are about 10/15 6th gen GVR4's over here, and for about 6000 euro (9000usd) you get a below average gvr4 with lots of work. You are complaining about people bashing n00bs, well; you should quit giving them reasons to bash... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

It's all about the community, people helping each other out, and knowledge on this forum. I think i've earned a (very small /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ) place in this community by now. You should first become a member of the "real" community, and then start talking sh*t about people....

And by the way: if people want me to leave this forum because i don't have a vr4 at the moment, i'll be gone in a sec. But if you were a member of the "real" community, you'd know that there's a huge amount of people on this board who don't own gvr4's at the time.

Quoting prove_it:
Yea, but don't knock them. They still know more than you do. They've earned the respect they deserve.

Thanks for the support! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

First off, proveit,you don't know what I know. You don't know me, so don't come at me like that. You've been on here a year. I've been messin around with 4g63's for about four years now. I can hold my own. This site is jammed full of knowledge, and things I don't know. Thats why I'm here. I won't be badgered by someone without a badge. Thats all. Definitely not here to argue with you every time I post a reply or thread.

Quoting Dbossman:
First off, proveit,you don't know what I know. You don't know me, so don't come at me like that. You've been on here a year. I've been messin around with 4g63's for about four years now. I can hold my own. This site is jammed full of knowledge, and things I don't know. Thats why I'm here. I won't be badgered by someone without a badge. Thats all. Definitely not here to argue with you every time I post a reply or thread.

You say he's only a year on this board, and you have been messing with 4g63's for about four years now??? What the f*ck has that got to do with it? How do you know he hasn't been dealing with 4g63's for 10 years and has only been 1 year on the board?

Dealing/messing with 4g63's doesn't mean sh*t. Someone who works on them only from time to time can do it a lot better than someone who does it every week. It's all about quality, not about quantity... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Besides that, there are a lot of "badgeless" people on this board. That's a good comment to start with as a newbie. Now you know for sure you will be bashed. Enjoy!

Does a badge mean you have more knowledge? Does it mean you are smarter? Does it mean you have more money, brains, do more quality work or whatever? If not, just STFU...

turbowop

There are people here that have had gvr4's and DSM's but sold them off years ago. They stay on this board because it's a great community and they've made friends so they stick around.

John is right in saying quality written questions will get quality answers from the knowledgeable crowd around here. I tend to think that if you're just going to half-ass something as simple as your internet posts, you're really going to half-ass your car as well, so I don't feel like going through the trouble of helping out. I'd rather argue about spelling/grammar on the internet as it's more gratifying. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

You've been here a year. From what I've seen, thats still a noob. I don't recall even commenting to you. It was the other way around wasn't it. Like I previously said , it's impossible to know each other off a this forum, and it's useless and exhausting to bicker about non technical sh*t. I don't know you, your right. You could be genius. Can't tell that by the car you drive. The car doesn't make the person. No pun intended. I agree with alot of what's said, just not the argueing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned