The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Solid inserts

curtis

click me Then the front cross bar the motor mount bolts to uses the same bushings as the front subframe. So order two sets and you'll be left with half a kit extra. After that sell it to someone else on here.

Now as for your solid bushings. Run away. Race car, street car, etc the aluminum is softer than steel even 7075 structural stuff will deform and wear when rubbing against steel so in a very short time you'll be under the car changing them out. Plus to make them out of aluminum you need to fully clean and mic out the holes perfect because there's just to much slop from the factory and you'll never get a perfect fitting set. When me and John did the rear subframe bushings we both measured as many as we could and there was if I remember correctly +/- half a mm. Thats why I left the inter steel piece thats vulcanized to the bushings from the factory and added material to the outside dia. and made the inter hole a rch smaller than the pin so when everything is pressed together it locks and compresses into place. Is rch a proper engineering term well yes its in my vocabulary so I use it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JNR

If you want metal, be better off with brass and pressed in, but IMO better to stick with rubber or at least polygraphite (so you don't have squeaks)...you can always find a rubber that has a higher durometer # (stiffer, harder)...However, some sort of isolation/dampening is a good thing, provided it's not all cracked up, etc.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned