The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Shifter issues

I have not ever done much of anything with a shifter, so issues that arise with it are typically problems that I have never dealt with or corrected. What mine is doing is it's harder to get it into first gear now, I usually have to put it in second first then slide into first. Additionally, every so often it will grind/rumble a bit when I go into senond or third. I'm not too sure on where to start, I have heard that it's my bushings, cables shifter, trans etc...

Also I'm not sure if the outside temp has anything to do with it, it has been below freezing almost every day for the past month.

Thanks in advance guys.

Brunoboy

synchros? try changing fluid? theres a mixture for the tranny fluid that people are using that consist of i think redline tranny fluid and shockproof. someone correct me if im wrong.

KiNgMaRtY

Does the shifter have a lot of play? Could be worn bushings. Have you tried adjusting the clutch master cylinder at the pedal?

KiNgMaRtY

Get new shifter bushings from Mitsu. There are a total of 6. 4 are the same and 2 are different.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned