The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Sad Day - VR-4 VS Escalade Carnage

Chim55117

Long story short, we had just finished getting E-85 and were headed back to my house. Were taking a left turn when a driver also taking a left (into a connecting strip mall) failed to see us and slammed into us going 30-40MPH. Luckily neither of us were hurt.

Pictures tell it all. The Escalade won, and the VR-4 took the brunt of the damage.

At this point my buddy (Cooney) is considering his options, which are:

1. Fixing the damage

OR

2. Finding another shell to swap the parts into.

Whole ordeal is a real bummer because he leaves for college next week, and just got the car running.

click

As far as insurance, it really doesn't matter at this point, because if he files a claim, his premium will go up, and they will likely mark the car as a total loss.

Needs:
Bumper
Signals
Headlights
Bumper Filler
Hood

Was wondering if you guys had some parts for free or cheap he could have, less shipping (paid by me). Think it would really brighten his day to get his car running by then.

PM username "Cooney".

- Stephen

Last edited:

Terry Posten

I have a white front bumper that is is good shape except for I cut open one side of the black bar and it needs to be finished on the other side.

You can have it if you come get it.

Pm me if you want to see a pic or two.

turbowop

Ouch. That's the exact same hit 503 received, only worse. My car required roughly the same parts and the core support to be pulled out. FYI, the unibody is probably tweaked now. Mine still is...though it aligned just fine and runs straight down the road. I just have to use coilovers to get the car to sit level now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif It's probably fixable with some time spent on a frame rack with the motor out of the car. I think the USDM bumpers transfer a lot of impact energy to the unibody rails due to the huge anchor of a support rather than crumpling like a JDM would.

GSX_TC

I got some stock headlights and corners, $35 shipped for the corners and $75 shipped for the Headlights

or all together for $80 Shipped

mistaVR4

That really sucks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Good luck helping your buddy, I've got ton's of parts, unfortunately non of them are what he needs....

mistaVR4

I have set of stock headlights, they do have semi-sand blasted glass (came off 484 from New Mexico where I bought the car, lot of sand and wind), but they do work fine, and provide the same light output, I'll give them to him as long as shipping is paid for. If interested I can provide pics....

dsm10o0

DAMN!!! Dont part out or scrap 705! Fix her up. I'd donate some parts but non of them are what you guys need.

Last edited:

WaRrIoRs16

Seeing things like this make me nervous when I drive my car. I'm sorry I don't have any parts or I would help you out. There was a 93 white galant in a junkyard that is 45 mins away from me. I could try to get some stuff from it if you can use anything from it.I think the hood and possible the front bumper is there, granted it's not a VR-4 bumper, but it would be a functional bumper. I can't remember which one, but one of the headlights has a hole in the glass.

If you want me to check it out, I can try. I'm working everyday for another week and a half still, but I can see what I can do about getting out there.

RedTwo

Did the Escalade driver mention the word "snap" at any point? If rap music tells me anything, you're lucky not to have a whole bunch of bullets fired at you side ways!

Whoodoo

What is it with front left damage lately? I feel your pain... mine's not nearly that bad, but same basic repairs. This happened a few weeks ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
P1040928.jpg

GSNT

Too bad you guys just sold me a white one! I might part it out so I would be willing to help you guys out with front end parts.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned