The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Took the VR-4 to Buttonwillow last weekend

Jesus_Negros

I should take the merc out.

Vr4junkie

If only I would of known I would have came earlier too see the car in action.

ApexHunter

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Good sh*t dude, hopefully i will see you out there one of these days.

snailspool

Sweet man, glad to see the cars getting some all around action! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

bobdole

Awesome pictures. Car looks so nice on the track.

4orced4door

Awesome! I hope to be doing this within the next couple of years as I'm close to VIR and a reasonable drive to Road Atlanta or Summit Point. I just need a car, or at least some good wheels and tires on the TSX.

G

Staff member
Quoting mitsuturbo:
Quoting Turbro_Negro:

You got a marauder, or what?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

JamesFoster

Quoting turbowop:
Yes! WOT down that straight with the wastegate wide open sounded epic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Quoting iceman69510:
Fantastic. I know when Brett built the car he always intended to do the same thing.

Quoting jepherz:
Brett? Who was the previous owner of your car?

Yeah, we talked about it when I was buying it. We definitely had similar goals. I still talk to him occasionally about the car.
Brett, username is vapid. He originally built the car and had it pretty much almost finished. I bought it from him in IL, drove it home, and had some issues with the PTT twin disc causing the motor to crankwalk. So I yanked the motor, put in a new shortblock, while changing the setup slightly and finishing everything else up how I wanted it.

Quoting ghostinthevr4:
Quoting dc_style:
absolutely gorgeous car james! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

The car is immaculate in person too.

That's bad ass to see James it's nice to see a VR4 going hard here in Cali. I have to step my game up and go to Buttonwillow Honda Robert from RRE challenged me to run his EK hatch on the short track. Truth is I'm scarred you can go in my place. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Absolutely bad ass bro.

Thanks dude. I'm just glad I'm not the only VR4 guy out here!

Quoting Turbro_Negro:
Take me with you next time. I'll be settled in this weekend I hope.

Still haven't seen the gvr4 yet!

Well as soon as you're settled hit me up!

Quoting Vr4junkie:
If only I would of known I would have came earlier too see the car in action.

Next time!

Quoting bobdole:
Awesome pictures. Car looks so nice on the track.

Thank you sir! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Quoting 4orced4door:
Awesome! I hope to be doing this within the next couple of years as I'm close to VIR and a reasonable drive to Road Atlanta or Summit Point. I just need a car, or at least some good wheels and tires on the TSX.

All I can say is, do it sooner rather than later, you won't regret it.

Last edited:

4orced4door

I've been wanting to go for ages. I will finally be completely done with college at the end of the year, so maybe a year from now I can spare the time and money to either get myself into a used FR-S or at least prep the TSX a little. The TSX is our only car though which makes me nervous. It'd be good fun with a bit of prep but my wife doesn't share the same car passion I do, and if I broke it or wrecked it she'd just think I'm an idiot. And maybe that's exactly what I am, but I don't want her thinking that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Anyway, glad to see a Galant used for something other than drag racing. Although the car did pretty awesome at that, too!

Jesus_Negros

James I'm getting there! Thanks for your help x10

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Quoting Turbro_Negro:

You got a marauder, or what?

You know I do. Just gotta get rid of the 22" it came with.

ktmrider

Quoting JamesFoster:
Thanks guys! Let me know when it is, I'm gonna be gone in May and busy the first week of June but if it's after that I'm down to come up.

Will do, so far it looks like Infineon raceway during the first weekend of June however the date seems a bit shaky.

JamesFoster

Quoting jepherz:
You wouldn't happen to have my steering quickener in there, would you?

I sure do, and it's freakin awesome. One of my favorite things about the car.

MellowVR4

Quoting jepherz:

Whats that?

4Grim

Looks like you had some fun! I have done about 3 track days on road courses and where they fun as hell and truly test your driver skill and really appreciate and get you more in tuned with your car.

I am actually trying to get my other Galant (1996 7th gen) prepared for a NASA event this year, not sure if I will ever take #1948 out as I am really anxious of messing up my GVR4.

Last edited:

PolskiVR4

Looks and sounds amazing! Glad you are actually using and enjoying your car. And +2 on what is the steering quickener. PS someone should move this to general gvr4 discussion.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting jepherz:

Forgot about that, but I remember now.

Wookalar

Badass, the car looks great. Nice plate.

Pretty sure Vapid couldnt have hoped for a better caretaker for that car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned