The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rust Dissolver

LordAthey

Has anybody ever used this stuff click I would like to get peoples opinions on the product. If there are any other products that are good please yet me know.

Thanks,

Scott

GST95

Ive used this stuff before click. Its more of a submersible rather than a brushed on treatment which looks like the stuff you are asking about.

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

Someone just posted about a product called Metal Rescue in the Off Topic forum. Watch some Youtube videos, it looks legit.

SmoothCustomer

It says it's been used for 25 years and I've never heard of it. I think if it had been around that long and worked miracles we would all be using it.

toybreaker

iconoclast
... waiting for ...

Quote:
back when I was working on my Gazelle in the time after the late heavy bombardment and before the first ice age, I used this product extensively

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Actually, it has been around forever, and many folks in the marine industry swear by it.

Old school guys in the body shops also use it, but they're carefull using it around seams. It (and most other products) can leach back out over time and totally f*** up your world if they are not thoroughly nuetralised/rinsed completely away.

What are you trying to use it for/what type of rust are you battling?

pics?

GST95

The metal rescue stuff looks like the same kind of stuff that I mentioned. Ive used it on lots of miscellaneous stuff. For heavy rust, you need to soak it overnight or maybe 2 days if its oily, but if you let it soak too long it will darken the metal. The manufacturer says that its ok. It hasnt damaged any other metals that Ive put in with it and its ok to get it on your skin.

JNR

Yikes! I agree, that is a cut and replace job; just be sure you get 100% of all the rust and then some, or else you'll be dealing with this again sooner than later. Those "rust dissolvers" are really more for surface rust, or at least where it hasn't eaten thru like that, fwiw...

(I'm so glad we don't have rust here; sad to see things like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

LordAthey

I figured just was trying to find options to fix it. It's just on the pitch welds, but I haven't taken off the side skirt. I'm not getting rid of the galant as thats the only bad rust on the car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned