The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Riddle me this... Water pump

SleepinGVR4

Isn't Aisin the OEM water pump manufacturer?

Then why is it so much cheaper on rock auto compared to getting it from Mitsu? Is it actually the same pump?

Here is a screen shot since I can't post a link to rock auto. Its the second one up from the bottom.

Here is a link on the pump from rock auto.

click

ercp98

that is the unit i ordered from them. it had aisin stamped on the pump housing.
i would also add that i ordered the beck arney pump too. but that did not fit properly.

theevozero

I don't know if it would be the same, but I ordered my parking brake cables from them and they turned out to be oem, in the original packaging. I would have to guess that it's the same sh*t in a different box.

ercp98

i can't speak for the oem gasket and o ring.
but the aisin pump from rock auto is what i am running now. 1500 miles and so far no issues. the gasket and o ring that it came with all looked like it came from aisin. even the box was from aisin. it was not a repackaged item.

i used the gasket and o ring that came with the aisin pump.

hope this helps.

holeshotmoe

Bought an Aisin clutch MC from rock and turned out to be identical to the OEM Aisin I was replacing. Ordered a couple trans shaft seals and inside the package were oem mitsu packaged seals. Deal by me!

JCorbo25

I heard good things about the Gates water pump from DSMers, so I ordered one. Should be here next week.

G

Staff member
Does it have the metal impellers or the plastic impeller. That could be the difference.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned