The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Requesting pics of big turbo IC piping setups...

turbophein

i want to start planning my piping. i have a downward facing turbo and i want to keep my a/c.

Looking for pics of other guys setups!

thanks

donniekak

When I ran a hx40 on my galant I just clocked it to face up, and used my piping that came with the ets kit. No problem keeping ac.

By the way, what the heck is a phein?

turbohf

whats considered a big turbo these days? or you talking physical shape?

i have an FP RED. its a pretty big wheel, but stock mounting. so pipes are just 2.5" ran in stock'ish location.

EMX5636

This is with my topmount, but I used the same style setup when I was on a FP manifold and bolt on housing. Just had to change the length of the new one.

turbophein

Quoting turbohf:
whats considered a big turbo these days? or you talking physical shape?

i have an FP RED. its a pretty big wheel, but stock mounting. so pipes are just 2.5" ran in stock'ish location.

nothing monstrous but anything in the 20g to 50 trim level i would say. i am just having a hard time visualizing a way t route my piping. the last pic posted seems like the intercooler inlet is high up, my IC inlet setup is down low . i will take pic tonight.

thanks

Last edited:

turbophein

Quoting donniekak:

By the way, what the heck is a phein?

lmao! you would be the first to ask in almost 15 years!! I thought originally that was how "fiend" was spelt when i was 17yo way back on the yahoo mailing lists. Its been my screen-name for everything ever since. but yeah it should be "turbofiend" lol

Last edited:

EMX5636

My outlet is almost in the same spot as a 1G setup, just angled up a bit. You have to do some careful tweaking with the A/C lines on that side to clear. I chose to go above it, some people go below them.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned