The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Reputable sources who still perform porting services

blacksheep

So, as I look online with DSM vendors, I see none that offer porting services unless you buy something from them like FP and burschar(for wop purposes).

I even emailed Mike at FFWD. He replied with a smarass comment like where have you been the last 5 years, we quit doing that a long time ago". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So, anyone know of some sources who do this? I would like a turbo exhaust housing done as well as manifold and get them all coated.

Thanks!

EHmotorsports

Reason most don't do this is because of the time involved. When labor stacks up it will cost more then buying a good free flowing manifold and turbo housing.

EHmotorsports

Are you completely against doing it yourself? You could take the cash you would pay to a shop and buy the tools and DIY:) plus it would be a good learning experience:) and it's not a cylinder head so if its not perfect it wind blow something up.:) if you would be interested I could try to fish up some how to basics/ guidelines to go by.

And to answer your question I do this service but tend to shy away from it. And I don't do any coating here in house. There are a couple shops out here that thermal coat manifolds. The last quote I had was 600 to have my manifold and turbine housing coated. If that gives you any idea. Also probably areound 4 hrs of labor on porting.

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

Are you just trying to port match the turbo to the manifold after the manifold is ported? Or do you have a 16g and are trying to help with boost creep?
What manifold and turbo are you going to want ported? Is it on the car already? Or waiting to put it on?

EHmotorsports

thanks here is a video that explains more then pics. i will update this as i find more info.

click

more in depth on processes
click

generic write up
click

Last edited:

CutlassJim

If you want to ship it to me I can do it for CHEAP. I've done a few cylinder heads and a bunch of turbos, exhaust manifolds and intake manifolds.

CutlassJim

Yes for reals. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

G

Staff member

CutlassJim

That last link is who I bring my engines to. They are awesome and well priced for what you get. I've been charged %150 and gotten less than %50 of the work done at other places around here.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned