The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear Sway Bar

RedTwo

Has anyone got a rear sway bar (stock or otherwise) laying around? I need a photo (and/or maybe measurements) to compare with a possible upgrade.

I can post a photo and take whatever measurements you want off a Whiteline 26mm rear sway if that will help you.

belize1334

I have a stock rear bar in the shed. I can take a photo or give you any measurements you require.

EMX5636

looks like you got it already under control, but I do have one as well... Just PM me if you need anything.

belize1334

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I went out to snap some photos and found that mine has vanished. You'll have to get one of these other guys to do it.

-Roger

turbofonz

I have a stock one(1g... are they the same?) and aftermarket one... I can do whatever you need tomorrow after I get out of work. Let me know.

RedTwo

Geeze, I should really pull finger and follow up on this! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Will send out some pms forthwith!

or is that PM's? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

gvr4ever

Sorry to highjack, but I didn't want to start a new thread on the same subject, but I was looking to upgrade the rear this summer.

Are 1G upgrades a direct fit?

belize1334

Whiteline bars used to be the way to go if you wanted to keep 4WS (or just in general as they were quality parts) but they're NLA. If you look through the ForSale section you'll see a thread for the last few parts from this now_extinct product line.

Most 1G bars will interfere with the 4WS pump located on the top of the differential (or maybe it's the lines that hit, I don't remember). You can use a 1G rear anti-sway bar IF you remove the 4WS pump or switch to a 4-bolt rear diff. The only exception that I know of is the RM bar which WILL fit even if you have 4WS despite being advertised for DSMs. click . I installed one in my car back when I had 4WS and it's worked very well for me.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned