The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Quick question about 4G64 rods

Vr4junkie

Got a free set of 6 bolt 4G64 rods just wanted to double check to make sure if these are the same as 4g63 rods before I pay the machine shop to bore them out .

Struc

I don't know what year you got them out of, but yes, the later 6-bolt 4G64 engines came with the same rods as the 1G 4G63 "big rods".

Vr4junkie

I don't know were there from but he told me its from a 6 bolt 2.4 4G64 rods look the same but the letter stamping in the middle of rods are different.

89Mirageman

Are these the ones I gave you? If so they're from a 92 Expo wagon with the 6 bolt 4G64 and 12v head.

fuel

12V head? You positive? unless you are thinking of the MCA-Jet head which technically aren't a 12V head because the very small ancillary valves only inject air rather than an air/fuel mix. The only true SOHC 12V Sirius family engine is the DASH 3x2 engine from the 80s.

89Mirageman

Oops, meant to say 8v. Guess I was thinking about one of the colt/mirage 1.5 engines.

Vr4junkie

Quoting 89Mirageman:
Are these the ones I gave you? If so they're from a 92 Expo wagon with the 6 bolt 4G64 and 12v head.

Yes these are the rods.

Vr4junkie

This is what I was talking bout the top is a standard 6 bolt and the bottom is the 4g64 is is there a difference in strength or material quality of the two? one has a L and the other an S that's what threw me off.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned