The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Question about TB screws

kitcho

I'm wondering if anyone knows the length/pitch of the TB screws off hand.

These are the ones I'm talking about (marked in red). I'd like to replace them all with hardware from a fastener shop and not order from mitsu if possible.

zEt90.png

thanks

Last edited:

broxma

I do not know offhand, but it is a common size. I know there are other screws on the car that use the same thread/size.
If no one else gets you this info, I'll run one down to the shop and find out for you.

/brox

89Mirageman

Pretty sure they are 5mm in diameter. I can yank them from an old throttle body and measure them for you. I usually replace them with SS socket heads from www.allensfasteners.com

These guys have the oem looking bolts too if you need to replace anything else under the hood. A lot cheaper than the Dealer for sure.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned