The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

advice and suggestion's please. suspension replacement

kooter

hello
well I just got my car back from the stereo shop. Since it had no radio that was the first thing I had done.
Now it is time to work on restoring her back to her former glory. I purched #148 from a seller in atlanta, ga just two weeks ago.
First thing to do is the stock suspension is pretty worn out and I would like to replace front and rear shocks and struts.

Question number 1
should I just go to mitsu and order all stock or is there an aftermarket setup I would be better off with?

Question number 2
Other then shocks and struts are there any other component's I should check or replace?

I am definately not a race car driver, for the last 6 years I been tooling around in my 90 galant 5 speed non vr4. I am indeed relearning how to drive.
This being my first vehicle with a turbo I know absolutely nothing about pretty much everything.

after the suspension I plan to go for exhaust. Any idea's are welcome, but for now I would like to find a complete package if I could.

have seen ksport setup on ebay for $900. but I know nothing of the name or quality.
well that's what I have for now. thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Struc

If you're keeping the car mainly stock, then by all means just get some KYB GR2's and be done with it for cheap.

If you're looking to do more than that, let us know what your goals are, so we can give the best advice.

kooter

alright
well I am looking to make the car nice, but not going to be doing any real mods. Basically I am looking for something quality that is gonna last awhile and not rust to pieces in a year. As I am sure everyone else out there is looking to spend as little as possible, I am willing to spend what I have to for quality.

Everything else looks really good. as far as ball joint, swaybar links, tie rods all look solid. Just very bouncy bouncy.

talontyme

For what you are doing imo the evo swap would suit you best great ride and still able to be a little aggressive.

Struc

Here are a couple of links (front & rear) to some KYB GR-2 struts. They will do the job just fine for a mostly stock car.

click
click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts