The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ETACS IV Replacement candidates?

trunks

Mine is toast. There is a a 91 galant ls in a local junkyard, but before I go play in the mudd I'm wondering if anybody knows if it will work? I read two threads on here. One said you have to order it specific to VIN and get bent over for $300 from Mitsu. The other said just pop a replacement in but no mention of which donor cars would work.

Anybody done this?

trunks

Well I went to the yard and grabbed a bunk of stuff of a '90. I think it was a gsx judging by the timing belt cover in the back seat. Anyway, that box is goldish like the ecu whereas the one in my car looks to be a gray color. I haven't pulled it yet but I'm having my doubts that it will work out for me.

I guess I'll try it tonight and report back in case any one has this issue in the future.

misterfixit

if its in a gold tin its the cruise control computer. (did it have the electric actuator, not the vacuum cruise)

Rich

trunks

That would make sense as it was a '90 and they were electric cruise those years. So there wasn't anything else up in there.. Is it somewhere else on that car or they didn't have them?

Last edited:

trunks

Indeed - grabbed it from the car part number MB649311 - cruise control. There are a couple of 1991 Dodge Stealth etacs - MB629054 on ebay. Will this work?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned