The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

"Project Dustbuster" Build Thread 1990 Galant GSX Auto 4g63 Swap PTE6266

rexwagon1909

Time for some more updates: My friend and builder/fab guy Dee from dMf welded on the Q45 TB flange that he made onto my Magnus intake manifold

rexwagon1909

Due to all the dust on the car from its days sitting in my garage waiting for my buddies shop to open, what I referred to as project "grocery getter" to my friends has been renamed the "Dustbuster" by those same friends lol. After this pic was posted on facebook it was given a new name which I guess has stuck.

rexwagon1909

Here are some more pics of the intercooler mounts that my buddy came up with. They will be a little hard to take off but very solid mounts.

misterfixit

Why did you put the rack back with split boots?

Rich

Quoting rexwagon1909:
Front Subframe rebuild continued:

IncorpoRatedX

^ why you no read thread?:

Quoting rexwagon1909:
Yeah I needed to didnt really realize it until after it was up. I figured someone would notice lol.

transparentdsm

because no one reads they just post around here...

rex - this thing is coming along great. everything looks real clean and nice. i like how you were able to have brackets welded onto the radiator so you could attach the intercooler to it and have way better support. what does the underside of the intercooler and its brackets look like?

misterfixit

I did/ was.

I admit, I posted while I was reading in catchup mode. and yes afterwards i saw it was forgotton, however the job to drop the rack is much more difficult once it's all back together.

Sorry, did you fix the boots in the end? and I thought I saw the rack was leaking. I have been through this on more than just the galant.. Form me if i'd found it i would have rolled back, or been doing a spare rack to swap in.

Would be shame to have done all the work underneath and have the steering dropping hydraulic oil all over the underside of the car again.

On the galant's they tend to have good rack seals (stronger than most) what I have done on 3 different galants now is had to swap the hard lines from the valve to the power cylinder as they rotted out where they pass through the rubber mounting thingy. First time i saw it my rack was covered in crap like that and it was confusing as it wasn't coming from one end.

Sorry, just my OCD.

Rich

rexwagon1909

As far as mounting point I'm not sure about under neath, I have not been to my buddies shop in a few days, just closed on my house been crazy busy lol. As far as the boots, yes I have new ones I will install them soon. The rack has a leak so I decided to drain it and go manually rack to shed some weight and make more usable room. Everything is going together well so far hopefully done and tuned for this years shootout.

tektic

I'm also interested in a more detailed look at the inter cooler set up. Good job over all.

misterfixit

Quoting rexwagon1909:
As far as mounting point I'm not sure about under neath, I have not been to my buddies shop in a few days, just closed on my house been crazy busy lol. As far as the boots, yes I have new ones I will install them soon. The rack has a leak so I decided to drain it and go manually rack to shed some weight and make more usable room. Everything is going together well so far hopefully done and tuned for this years shootout.

Cool, Just didn't want to see the underside all messed up again. I wish I'd done to mine what you have done to the underside of your car as soon as I got my VR-4. It'll see you good for a long time to come. Mine is very sorry for itself and will require a long thread to get it right again.

For your steering it must be a pain to turn (I ran my lancer for nearly 6 months with no fluid in. Here in the Phils the word for sweat is 'powis' so my work collegues were laughing saying mine had 'powis steering'.

Anyway back to your car. It looks like it's coming together well, and I like seeing the kind of prepwork to make it live a long time.

Cheers,

Rich

ade

impressive sir!

rexwagon1909

Thanks, I gotta say that my buddy is doing all the fabbing is amazing at this stuff. Hopefully it's done and at the shootout this year

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned