The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

"Project Dustbuster" Build Thread 1990 Galant GSX Auto 4g63 Swap PTE6266

92GVR4num65

Wow, just came across this thread looks great. Its awesome to see the hard work people put in and the fab work that makes it unique. Also, if im not incorrect, im pretty sure this was owned by a guy i went to high school with. I remember those 2g rims and the hood. I went to school in northern ia if that helps but its crazy to see it again on here. Anywho keep up the good work!!

tektic

All the fab works look great, but I had a thought. It looks like you are running solid engine mounts in the front, but You engine is still going to move back and for under load. I'm not sure how long those pretty pipes are going to hold up if your turbo is mounted to the rad support. Just a thought. Looks nice though.

rexwagon1909

Thanks for all the good feedback so far guys. As far as turbo location we used the bracket connected to rad support for manifold fabbing. If you look at the pic with the three runners done its gone lol. Manifold should be done this week, next is fuel lines and custom coolant pipes

bamboo

I have a 1989 galant GSR an I'm looking for the rear trunk GSR batch that was stolen from me last year, if any body have one i will bay one my galant and i will be happy. Email me [email protected] 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

rexwagon1909

Been some set backs on the car. My builder (motor, trans, turbo setup, FMIC, and fuel system) fell behind due to too much work etc. Finally getting things finished up hopefully done very soon. I am using a purple tial bov and waste gate, to match this for oil feed line I found a 24 inch 4AN PTFE braided N20 Line from NEX systems. Looks great and matches my color theme.

rexwagon1909

To run Oil cooler lines and trans cooler lines, we had to find a solution due to the lack of room due to afco radiator and large FMIC. Solution has to modify bumper supports and make removable brackets to hold an oiler cooler on one side and trans on other. So far oil cooler has plenty of room and clearance (almost 8 inches from lines to ground even with car low from coil overs). Using all russell pro classic lines and fittings.

rexwagon1909

More Pics More Progress>>
Valve Cover is done, 10an bungs welded on

JMF deluxe Catch Can mounted with custom mount and lines ran

Turbo blanket from Real Street Performance (Thanks Fernando for a sweet deal) put on for fitment, and custom downpipe being made by Dee at DmF in Huntington, WV.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

Love all the fab work going on here

IncorpoRatedX

Really coming along ben!

GSX_TC

I like the stainless radiator hoses, are you going to keep it with couplers holding them or are you eventually gonna do like a -20an on them?

GSX_TC

Dash 20's would really set off those parts, but they're just kinda pricey haha.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts