The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

"Project Dustbuster" Build Thread 1990 Galant GSX Auto 4g63 Swap PTE6266

rexwagon1909

My buddy Dee at DmFabrications in Huntington, WV (he is doing motor/tranny build/turbo manifold, tune etc) just sent me this pic. He custom makes solid motor mounts, subframe, carrier bushings etc. This is a solid rear motor mount.

GSX_TC

That's gonna be lots of vibration right there. Are you doing the other 3 like that too?

89Mirageman

I love builds like this where people take the extra time to do things right, Great job so far! Glad I could help contribute by grabbing you some parts.

GSX_TC

should last forever right there.

G

Staff member
That's going to rattle your teeth out.

cheekychimp

Quoting rexwagon1909:
Thanks man!! I'm def OCD lol. I am going to have to get one of those tumblers, although I will say leave bolts overnight in a bath of Eastwoods rust dissolver and they come out like new. Just make sure to put a little rust proof primer on the bolt top afterwards and they come out great. Just about every bolt from front end to the rear end has been treated lol

Those bolts came out really well even without using a tumbler.

With results as good as that you obviously don't need to change, but another rust remover I tried out recently that works really well is "Metal Rescue". I was a bit skeptical at first, and the fact that the first batch I picked up turned out to be faulty didn't help! However customer service was top notch, the company replaced the entire batch and the results were awesome. I was thinking of posting up some before and after pics myself. Best part is that it has completely removed all rust from every part that I've thrown at it within just 3 hours!

Last edited:

rexwagon1909

This is the custom CNC flange made by Frontline Fabrication in Morgantown, WV for my turbo manifold. All I can say is the guy does amazing work. He makes the sickest valve covers, diff covers, transfer case supports etc.

IncorpoRatedX

Cant tell if the valve cover is matched to the color of the body or if it's just raw aluminum, either way it looks great!

IncorpoRatedX

body matched silver or brushed aluminum with a matte clear coat would look fantastic against in that engine bay. It's kind of a ricer question to ask but what color couplers, plug wires and intercooler pipes are you planning to run?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned