The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

power steering bracket

galant651

i have been doing what i can to try to clean up my engine bay and make things less bulky and i noticed that the 2g engine mount doesnt connect to the ps pump. has anybody tried or done a 2g power steering bracket on a 1g with 4ws?

strokin4dr

I dont have 4ws anymore but I do have a 2g mount and ps pump on my vr4 using the stock galant lines and fittings. Works great! So it would be fine with 4ws.
It eliminates the upper studs that go to the 1g mount and also allows you to get rid of the old school v-belt.
You need the 2g mount piece that bolts to the front of the block, the mount that holds the 2g pump, the 2g pump itself, and the corresponding pulley for the water pump. Good luck.

-Ryan

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned