The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I still drive my car :) (and power steering issues)

gtluke

But I need more camber /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

click

My PS pump was spitting PS fluid all over, lame. On the 5th run it just ejected the belt and it got caught up in the alternator belt! Chewed up the alt belt pretty good but it lasted till I got home at least.
So I need to fix/upgrade my power steering. I have a 2g pump, this works right? Gotta go get a WP side pulley from Nate today or tomorrow and a belt.

vr4play

I am still running the stock pump with the rpm relief valve shimmed with amsoil and a front mounted cooler and have no problems what so ever anymore. The synthetic fluid helps a lot and so does the cooler. The little piece of steel tubing the factory uses is a joke.

gtluke

Anyone have a writeup on a cooler that works well? I was thinking the same thing, that I was just overheating the fluid.
Amsoil PS fluid or are you using ATF?

JSchleim18

I bought a small derale cooler that I stuck in the driver side wheel well: click

I can take pics and it fits very well. Have yet to run the car with it though.

vr4play

I am using the amsoil ATF with a little lucas ps conditioner. Here is a pic of my cooler click its the small one on the right. I actually wish I would have gone bigger cause it gets fairly hot to the touch. It just hooks up to where the stock cooler went.

Whoodoo

Did you determine where the fluid was coming from? Tyler's car is having PS issues and from what I can see, it isn't leaking from any of the lines, so the only other place it could come from the shaft seal of the pump. I haven't had the chance to do any real 'take things apart and figure things out' work, so maybe I can get a few hints from your experience.

AnotherNewb

Just an fyi, there is a powersteering pump rebuild kit you can get from the dealer and the procedure is quite simple. I tried to find a link but failed, its on here somewhere.

gtluke

My pump is 274,000 miles old. I have a 2g pump and I just got the pulley and belt from nate. Hopefully tomorrow I'll toss it on. I need a nap and it's been retarded nice out so I've been riding my bike non stop.
I asked my wife to pull my car in the other day and never told her I tossed the belt. After about 5 minutes of listening to the engine rev I went out and laughed a lot and pulled it in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2013 NJ inspection spicker i see. where abouts in NJ you located? that lookde a little bit liek camden county college. i maybe wrong.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned