The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Post pics of your gauge setups

Galantvr41062

Picture_18068.jpg

Here is the dash all fabricated and mounted with the gauges set in place. The dash will be painted flat black to reduce sun glare. The gauge layout is simple: behind the steering wheel is a tach/shift light, the 5" monster tach mounted to the dash with oil light attached, then the blower gauge, oil pressure, water temp, fuel pressure, and oil temp, are centered in the dash.

~John

Scientist

AFR, BOOST, Oil pressure below sterio, Greddy turbo timer in Ash tray
img00020200901122122jw6.jpg

img00016200901122121sl2.jpg

Last edited:

FCR

My custom defi cluster /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

img.php

Lukefraizer

what size gauges are these I have AEM ones and they dont want to fit at all. way too big.... any ideas

Brunoboy

Did you pull the dash for the wiring?^ and curtis can you make a pod for the clock space?

moduleunknown

I guess I'll share since I just installed my gauges this past weekend. Boost on speaker grille, Evo MR cluster below the stereo (not using the boost gauge). Nothing special really...

I'm currently working on stuffing a wideband gauge inside the clock housing. Actually, I've done that - just need to put it in the car when I get a chance.

I took apart an extra Innovate DB gauge I had laying around and put the guts in a spare clock housing. It only took a little bit of time with a dremel to get it in there. The next step will be stuffing this thing in the dash. I'll need to cut a small portion out of the plastic frame behind the dash that surrounds the clock. Shouldn't be a big deal...

I managed to get the back piece of the housing to clip back on over this. I don't have a pic at the moment. There's a small portion of the PC board that protrudes from the bottom of the housing which is why theres a need to slightly mod the dash so this will slide in.

A teaser of the thing lit up by a 9V battery.

In the end, it's all quite unnecessary as I'll be logging the LC-1 with ecmlink. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Brunoboy

How'd you mount your Evo steering wheel?

dewman

The wideband in the clock is a nice mod. I've seen that done on evo's where it says lancer on the guage cluster. This looks way better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Last edited:

moduleunknown

Quoting brunoboy:
How'd you mount your Evo steering wheel?

Using the same custom plate (snatched one up a long time ago) and grant hub adapter in this thread --> click

You'll find pics I added on page 2.

Last edited:

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Not the same car as this is a C53a Colt/Mirage, but you get the idea.

Disclaimer: if you drive past 190 KMH, shift above 8200 RPM, or need to know how much gas is in the tank, this mod is not for you. J/K oH, Defi Racer Blue as pictured.

Last edited:

524of1000

Quoting brunoboy:
Did you pull the dash for the wiring?^ and curtis can you make a pod for the clock space?

No need, the boost gauge is mechanical and there are already accessory power lines from the clock. I simply ran them up with a wire. I could probably make a cleaner version now, but it works, so I'll keep it. Although the clock wide band is pretty spiffy....

BluFalcon

Here's a picture from my old GVR-4 (1954/2K):

img.asp

And another one from my white faced gauge phase in the same car:

Haven't gotten around to installing anything serious in 521/1K yet, besides a PLX wideband and a Greddy boost gauge in a A-pillar pod. I do have another old school AVC-R in the ashtray just like in the old pictures. Fits perfect with a little "dremeling".

RedTwo

I might just hack up my wideband and mount the digits somewhere more practical, or compact... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

strokin4dr

strokin4dr

Thanks. The pic was taken before the gauges were mounted. They actually angle up and towards the driver just enough to fill the slight gap that can be seen above the gauges in the pic. Pretty easy to see. Much better than when I has them in the DIN slot above the radio.
I need to pull this car out of storage and get back to work on it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned