The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Possible Gauge Pod Idea

CarRacer

That turned out great. Nice work.

DailyDSM

I'm 6'4" and I tend to sit completely upright so I dont really have any problem seeing any of the gauges. The angle on them isn't ideal but it gets the job done. I haven't actually driven the car yet, as it is down for a complete overhall, so I'll have to wait and see whether or not visability becomes an issue.

Lol, never seen separate Vacuum and Boost gauges set up like that; must be kinda funny to watch it switch over from one to the other. Very nice install though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

MMCVR4

Nice work, I just hope Autometer doesn't take the idea and start making their own.

vr4199

Looks awesome you should make some more. I know I would love to have one and probably others would too. i'd be willing to pay $50 or $75 for one.

bustedsm

Looks pretty damn good! I wish I knew how to do some fiberglassing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

CarRacer

I picked up a spare bezel to give this a shot. I picked it up for 6 bucks so if I suck at it, it's no real loss.
I'll let you know how it turns out.

Lonewolf64

I never put the shading back in for the blinkers, but it could easily be done. Looks 100% OEM.

bustedsm

^^ That's where I have my wideband, best idea I've ever done!

Question to the OP, if I sent you my typhoon's surrounding bezel think you could do something like that to it? If so, PM with some prices /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DailyDSM

Between going to both work and school full time, I don't really have time for that right now. It really isn't that hard to do, you can get all the supplies at Home Depot for about $20. If the dash trim bezel for the Typhoon is the same as other factory GMC trucks, just pick up a spare at a junk yard and experiment.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned