The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Post pics of your oil cooler setup on your GVR4

4Grim

I would like to see what some of you did for your external oil cooler setups. Looking to change mine up.

Terry Posten

Clck the link in my sig below. Go to the bottom and you will see a few pics.

GSX_TC

Same for me too

BluFalcon

For an oil cooler setup, is it better to have the feed and return lines on the bottom of the cooler, the top or the sides? OEM DSM coolers have the fittings on the bottom, just wondering if having the feed and return in a different location would affect oil flow through the cooler. I was planning on mounting a cooler where the stock US OEM intercooler went, with lines running from a 90 DSM oil filter housing.

fuel

I would say it doesn't matter where the fittings are - it's under pressure somewhat so oil is going to flow in the path of least resistance whichever way it's situated. The lines to the OE oil cooler on my 4G Galant are on the top.

DSCF0488.jpg

AWDPower

Here's mine. It took some work to space everything to fit just right, but I was able to mount a stock '90 DSM oil cooler with the factory lines. The oil cooler itself was no problem, but I also fit a stock Evo 8 IC with unmodded inlet and outlet. I welded a tab on the stock A/C fan to mount the top of the cooler, with the bottom bolting it a factory threaded hole. I used a 1G dsm power steering cooler, and notched the back of the core support to fit it back as far as possible.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned