The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Planning on moving battery to the trunk

CutlassJim

Why the f*** is everyone bitching about the charging system going bad when you relocate the battery to the trunk? The battery has almost nothing to do with the electrical system as soon as the car is running.

Leon_R

Quoting ade:
i like the lighter miata battery, it opened up room in the engine bay. it works great as long as you drive or throw on a charger a few times a week or it goes flat.
G0040257.jpg

That is where I have my Miata battery on my Summit! Fits perfectly! Close enough to the original location, that I do not need to do anything to my wires and gives me 16lbs of weight SAVINGS!

You must have a draw on your battery to have to maintain it with a charger. My car can sit for weeks without any problems! In fact, I have killed my battery by leaving lights on or door open, but without me screwing up, I did have to put on a charger after 4.5 months of outside storage over the winter. Not too bad!

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
I'm not agreeing with you. My point was you are exaggerating the amount of weight added

I said 10-15 lbs, you said 10-12, we are NOT THAT far away!

But tell me again, why are you guys moving your batteries to the trunk?

Last edited:

coyotes

Sounds like there is some drain on your battery. I left my Odyssey unhooked for 2 months and the car started right up with no problem. I was sure it was gonna need a jump, but nope.

and I am a fan of this Odyssey battery for sure. 11lbs instead of stock size 40lbs? Pretty easy way to shave some weight up front. Not much, but take it where you can get it on these cars.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned