The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Battery Trunk Relocation

SleepinGVR4

Just wanted to make a little comment that is relevant to this thread. I asked Curtis some questions able having sufficient grounds when relocating the battery. He said that not having enough grounds can cause a lot of weird problems. IE. gas mileage, lights dimming, idle problems, etc.

So I decided that I didn't have enough grounds and ran another ground from the battery to where the lap belt bolts to the body (didn't get a long enough length to go all the way to back up to the engine bay). I plan on running another ground from lab belt bolt to the engine bay.

But just adding this one extra ground gave me almost 100 extra miles to a tank of gas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif I was only getting 200 miles to a tank, and that will put a dent in your wallet when you daily drive your car. But yesterday I did some highway driving and in town driving and got 285 miles to a tank. With another ground, over 300 miles to a tank is definitely possible.

mitsuturbo

I've just ordered an extra 17ft of 1/0 Gauge wire for my ground. I plan to ground this wire about every 2 ft until one of the engine/tranny bolts. I've now 34 feet of 1/0 Gauge wire. 17ft blue and 17ft black. I'll be sure and document my install for others. My battery setup has cost me about $500 so far (including optima yellow top). I'm hoping it will look damn good and work out well.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned