The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Pinstriping

minneSNOWta

I was trying to do some searching about the pinstriping that came on our cars, but came up with no solid info. Is it true that it was a dealer option? Some cars don't seem to have them at all.

My Summit White has light metallic blue dual striping that wraps along the whole car and also around the third brake light. I don't have a good picture of the striping on the spoiler, but I think it looks nice. It seems like a lot of guys ditch the striping though.
317080_10101095692924530_3938204_n.jpg

If BG's could come with gold stripes, what about on NB's and KG's? Was it only one pinstripe color choice for each color car? Did each color have only one pinstripe color to choose from or were there options? I think it would be cool to keep the striping, but maybe change the color to red, black, or go for a Ralliart scheme with red and orange stripes.

Quoting crankwalk:
Quoting galantgti:
Just leave that pinstripe, and keep it stock, as said above. Kinda like the pinstripe, and you don't see it on many 6th gens anymore.

Maybe not in the Netherlands but in the US alot of them has it as a badass dealer option. Too goofy for me. At least on this car its not as noticeable as the green ones with the gold stripe. LOL ewww.

pot

Staff member
My first Galant was a 1991 with pin stripes too but they were a dark brown. Yours may in fact be dark brown but have faded to blue over the years. Or its blue but I have never seen blue pinstripe on a Galant before. Also, if I recall there are no pin stripes on any of the Galants in the brochure.

strokin4dr

The pin striping is a dealer add on.

maroonmetallic

Or the owner did it in their own garage. 3M makes a wide spectrum of colors & styles so the sky is the limit.

-Shawn

SSGdave

Ive seen two white ones, including mine(1855), that had the pin stripes. The stripes were a light gray color.

From my time at Mitsu dealerships as a Tech, more than likely it was a Dealership option.
I see it all the time with the new units that come in. The dealership has a guy apply the pin stripes and other OEM optional do dads, and then adjust the sticker price to some ridiculous number /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Last edited:

coyotes

I feel like pin striping is something more you would see on base model galants. Think back to the 90s, they were putting that stuff on everything to snazz it up a bit

strokin4dr

Still happens at dealers everyday. My gf back a few years ago used to go from dealer to dealer putting stripes, clear bras and all the other crap on cars. Paid very well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

mitsuturbo

161/2k was NB and had some light gray pinstripes.. i removed them because they're hideous
555/1k had the same thing, i also removed them (recently, actually) because they're hideous

They're a real pain in the ass to remove. I don't know why the hell anybody would want that sh*t on their car, TBH. I find it repulsive.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned