The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Part number check list for head job.

gvr4ever

I've got the head back from the machine shop and I'm getting ready to order the parts to put it back on. Just want to double check to make sure I have everything so I don't have to pay double shipping. I'm also missing a few part numbers that I can't find.

I Already have a valve cover gasket set and intake manifold gasket. Is the metal exhaust manifold gasket reusable?

Timing:
Timing belt - MD32609
Idler Pulley – MD129355
Tensioner Arm – MD130032 Does this need to be replaced?
Tensioner pulley MD156604
Adjuster – MD164533

Turbo: 7CM Turbo->Manifold Gasket - MD171220

Cooling:
<font color="red"> Need the gasket PN for the whole housing that attaches to the head. <!--color--></font>

<font color="red"> Mitsu factory head gasket and head bolt PNs? <!--color--></font>

I was going to just use Felpro, but it sounds like its rubber. Is this okay? “Fel-Pro PermaDry molded rubber construction”

If anyone sees something else I need that I've forgotten, please let me know.

G

Staff member
I've got an extra thermostat housing nib. Are you planning on running coolant to the turbo?

5OF2k

All you need, right here:

click

If you dont want the whole kit, they have a bunch of other options out there on their site as well.

Hope that helps!

-Jake

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned