The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Overhaul of #244/2000 New Pics. 09/25/08

jcgalntvr4-244

yeah well I got to do it right ya know . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Larry Parker

MMMMmmmmmm chipping out sound deading crap..... I had bloody knuckles for weeks!

Now you need one of these to spin it on....

Last edited:

I bet it doesn't go back together as quickly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif. I hope it does.

It looks like my car has for about a year or so.

chucklesas

Man, I'll be getting ready to do the same thing as soon as I move to Oklahoma. Ol' Burney has those same rust problems under the car where the long ground effects pieces go. Good luck with the restoration.

number3

That looks just like mine did at one point.

The only way I got mine back together was I put every bolt and fastener in small labled Glad containers and I then bought another GVR4 to use as a guide to put it all back together because all the pictures I took didn't cut it.

Good luck it looks great so far.

rheckert

Man, I wish I had time to stop by. Work is killing me right now. Keep it up.

4g63t

Looks great man, I'll be following along during the buildup.

jcgalntvr4-244

Thanks guys,

yeah it wont be going back together very soon I had my fist paint quote and it was 12500.00 yeah thats right 12.5K I asked him why and he said most of his builds go fr 20 - 30 K then i asked him how much media blasting was and where he had cars done at. He then tells me 1200-1650.00 I was like WTF. I then called the place that he told me about and asked them what my car would cost to have done even the underside. they said 400.00 - 850.00. I was like I just knew he was going to try and get a huge bunch of money out of me when he found out that I owned my own carpet cleaning Business. I then called 2 of my friends who have done paint stuff for me before and they are going to come look at it this weekend. and see what they say. My one friend who paints cars and classics for a living Laughed at me when he heard how much this guy wanted to paint my car. Anyway I guess we will see what kind of people I deal with the rest of the way through the build.
Thank God My brother and Mark95 are here In Des Moines cuz I would be getting fucked on my Motor build if they weren't.

JC

Last edited:

blacksheep

Hey Jeremy - Talk to Marks neighbor, Nate. I am sure you have met him. His uncle owns a media blasting company off Brodway, I thought!

Mark is the man, I trust him more than family!

Also, a good paint job will run you about 6000-7000. Contact Acheson or Tony Morrow on E 14th. Scotty's bodyshop is OK, but I am not a big fan of thiers. I get all my stuff painted by Mikes Body and Frame in Ames or Schaffers Auto Body - they painted my white gvr4 after it was vandalized. It cost about 4700 bux, but looked tits! Insurance picked up that check! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jcgalntvr4-244

I'M still working on the sound crap ....it sucks real bad . It is up for Media blasting in 2 weeks so I will post pics when its done.
Thanks,
JC

Romanova

$50 to the charity of your choice if you put it all back together without any leftover bolts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Looks awesome man!

Terry Posten

That shouldn't be that hard, most likely half the bolts broke taking them out.

Best Red Green voice "Keep your stick on the ice, were all pulling for ya."

Best of luck man.

jcgalntvr4-244

Terry believe it or not I only broke 2 bolts off so far. and one of them was in the JDM bumper so actually I only broke one off. I have no clue how but I did it.
JC

rheckert

Quote:
Hey Jeremy - Talk to Marks neighbor, Nate. I am sure you have met him. His uncle owns a media blasting company off Brodway, I thought!

Mark is the man, I trust him more than family!

Also, a good paint job will run you about 6000-7000. Contact Acheson or Tony Morrow on E 14th. Scotty's bodyshop is OK, but I am not a big fan of thiers. I get all my stuff painted by Mikes Body and Frame in Ames or Schaffers Auto Body - they painted my white gvr4 after it was vandalized. It cost about 4700 bux, but looked tits! Insurance picked up that check! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I have NEVER had good luck at Schaffers. They just "fixed" my dads 2005 Trail Blazer this spring after he hit a deer. They had it for 3 days to fix $4800 in damage. I looked the vehical over the next Saturday and I had to write down 3 FULL PAGES if crap they srewed up, broke, missed, or just didn't fix. It took them 2 weeks the second time to fix there shitty ass work from the first time. I avoid them like the plege.

To their credit they fixed there mistakes but you should never have return to a body shop to replace broken parts that were not replaced when you were chaged for brand new OEM parts on the repair. My dad has known Sam for over 25 years and everything is cool now but I would just keep that in mind if you decide to deal with them.

jcgalntvr4-244

This weekend we got the door glass all stripped out. I will be remounting them and then calling the glass company to come and remove the front and rear glass from the car. the doors are stripped and ready to media blast. I will be taking it to be blasted in the next few days. I had purchased some items from COVR4 and it set me back a little bit but I got allot of nice HKS items for the car from him so it was worth it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

I will be posting pics soon .
Thanks,
JC

Sr71sss

Jc,

As far as the sound deadening material goes just use some dry ice and start hammering away, just watch the tar just solidify and crack off like its potatoe chips, have fun with the build man as I will be doing my car similar to yours but a little more twisted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.will post pix up soon

Conrad
Evofied vr4

jcgalntvr4-244

Well we got set back a few weeks on Media-Blasting but the car is now all done except for the windows coming out...I will have pics up tomorrow for you guys/gals to see. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BIG THANKS TO Mark95 and my Dad and my Friend Cass and of course that shaggy guy they call NATE! you guys helped me out allot today!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Thanks,
JC

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned