The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Overhaul of #244/2000 New Pics. 09/25/08

Spyder

I say dip it and then galvanize it, then undercoat it. then tar it, then linex it, then put a little polyurethane on it....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

By the way, mine is worse..

Last edited:

jcgalntvr4-244

bah you guys are funny....dicks ANdy come sand my rust off Bish! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jcgalntvr4-244

No Andy I will not do that bad words bad words...lol

V8EATER

Just make every body who's coming to the meet work off the sushi "bill" by sanding down the car? I call the hood!

4Grim

Thats alot of rust to rid of. Alot of the guys have great suggestions...but it seems to be expensive get rid of the rust. Makes me feel greatful I held out and kept on looking when I was shopping for a GVR4. Good Luck man!

jcgalntvr4-244

The car is almost ready to be taken to Media Blast. I found a guy to do it for me for about 700.00 dollars.
Anyway I promised I would post pics of all the parts I have for the car already so here goes.

Working on the trunk

2 of the 4 JDM vented hood I have gotten over the years. Hertz the gray one is for you if ya want it I need at least 200.00 out of it I believe I paid 270.00 plus shipping for it. It has some dents and dings but is fixable.

Complete AMG grill I got last year from an Aussie Member

Last edited:

464/2K

hey i havent heard back from Paulo for that Amg piece that your missing. i hope he can get it dont before i get all my amg parts back.

jcgalntvr4-244

He was going to try and do it if it was ok with u guys. I will try and contact him tomorrow and see what he is up to. Thanks a bunch guys for letting me do that. I will help u guys with any AMG replicas you need if ya do.
Thanks,
JC

464/2K

w0rd. yeah its cool with me if he reps. that piece.

jcgalntvr4-244

Got alot more work done today. Im getting real close to having it ready to media Blast.

Heres todays pics.

Nice new spot of rust I found today.

Thats all for today.
Thanks for looking
JC

rheckert

Man you have been humpin it. Good work. That sucks to see rust "appear" as you remove panels. You have NOTHING compared to the prelude I rebuilt when I was at ISU. Good work. Hang in there and it will pay off.

Last edited by a moderator:

jcgalntvr4-244

yeah me to then you could be doing all the work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hertz

Staff member
Quote:
The car is almost ready to be taken to Media Blast. I found a guy to do it for me for about 700.00 dollars.

blacksheep

Jeremy - the car pretty much needs to be stripped to the bone for media-blast. NO wiring harness, dash, etc. That blast will kill stuff quick...make sure its a naked carcass before it goes out to him.

Also, does this place have a rotissiere?

Take pics, BTW!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned