The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Overhaul of #244/2000 New Pics. 09/25/08

jcgalntvr4-244

I am having a private person do the paint but the guy who does our vans bodywork is priming the car.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Hopefully your painter knows this, but usually primer is porous unless sealed. Do not leave it in primer alone for too long unless he can seal it in some way. Now in fall when it is rainy and in spring are the worst times to have plain primer.

rgeier11

Why did you leave the rear engine mount in place? It is only 4 bolts to remove it?

Other than that, AWESOME WORK!!

jepherz

Staff member
KC, it would actually make it a lot easier to spot dents with a shiny paint on it. That's why body work is tough to get in one shot.

See if you can get it primed with epoxy primer or some other urethane (2 part) that will seal it. Usually just straight primer can last for a while, but you're still going to be introducing the risk of rusting underneath the primer and not seeing it for a few years.

Rausch

^^^yeah, i'd suggest priming, and have them chase little dents with something shiny. once thats done. get someone really good to seal it. the sealers are usually not sandable, but they do an awesome job if done right. think you got it under control though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif VERY NICE!!!

G

Staff member
is it me or do i still see rust ? otherwise looks good ! just powdercoat the whole dam thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

rheckert

It looks like the car is in better shape then you expected. Congrats. That looks great!

jcgalntvr4-244

Quote:
Why did you leave the rear engine mount in place? It is only 4 bolts to remove it?

Other than that, AWESOME WORK!!

Because there not done with the sub frame It will be pulled out and completely taken apart and then sent back to them to blast. And there is another part just like that inside the car from another car I had that I am using anyway you can kind of see it in the second to last picture.

Last edited:

JB

Looks real good. I say rattle can it flat black. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Spott

Rattle can chrome is the best color. Think how much the east-siders would love it. Or just cover the whole thing in duct tape, thats a good color too.

'Welcome to the eastside, can I take your order, Mike?' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Spott

lol

jcgalntvr4-244

d

Last edited:

OldHairyBastard

Sweet. Are you trying to have it back before the meet so we can all bring our hammers and work on it?--- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

ducttapeguy

Quote:
Rattle can chrome is the best color. Think how much the east-siders would love it. Or just cover the whole thing in duct tape, thats a good color too.

Yeah!! Duct tape. Your GVR4 would be indestructible, cuz if anything broke the duct tape would fix it right away. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

They also make many different colors of duct tape now. I have seen green, blue, red, yellow, pink, chrome, black, and silver of course. If you do decide to do that let me know and Ill come out and help you "paint" your VR4. Hell I might even make you a matching pimp suit out of duct tape /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

jcgalntvr4-244

Car is finally at paint Im going with Lime green .

Terry Posten

It will look like a green skittle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned