The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Overhaul of #244/2000 New Pics. 09/25/08

jcgalntvr4-244

Taking the glass out is the next step I have made an appointment for media blasting it on Saturday.

jcgalntvr4-244

Once again Mark and Nate came over today...lol I got a call out of the blue and the wanted to come pull the glass out of the car for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the front was broken so we didnt worry about it but the back came out real nice!

Thanks,
Guys
JC

Last edited:

jcgalntvr4-244

Well we loaded her up today and took her off to be blasted! I cant wait to get her back and fix all the rust.

I will post pics of her when she is back from the blaster.

Thanks
JC

Last edited:

curtis

My God you've stripped it to nothing. Best of luck on the rebuild.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

jcgalntvr4-244

Car is done at Media blast. I will be going to pick it up this week.

holy sh*t that is freakin sexy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif....i just nutted in my pants /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

kinds looks like this car..

jcgalntvr4-244

yup that is the same car bud.

jcgalntvr4-244

Well I got the pics of my car after media blasting for ya guys who were interested in seeing it. I cant believe its actually in real good shape from what I have seen!! I'm so excited to get this thing painted!.

Its amazing how you can see how good our cars were made after its been stripped. The people who put these together were just amazing engineers.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me so far! I'm back in the saddle and ready to keep going on this project now!!

Thanks,
JC

blacksheep

Jeremy - Is it dusty or does it just look dusty?

I would add coats of POR on every possible part that is unseen - inside the fenders, under the car etc - Right now the metal has no protection whatsoever and is more so vulnerable to rust. So, I wouldnt leave the shell sitting this way for long. I would get it primered at least. I could be wrong, but so I have read!

EDIT - Have Kevin pop dents out as well ASAP! Without shiny paint, the dents should be easy to spot!

Last edited:

464/2K

kc you think so? you think getting it stripped like so would take away the galvinisation? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

jcgalntvr4-244

one step ahead of ya KC . Its still at the shop where its being done. they have like 2 more things to do for me then its going straight over to the place where its getting Primed then its either going to pain or to a storage spot (inside) for the winter just depends on how everything is going at the time.

Thanks,
JC

jcgalntvr4-244

Also they treat all the metal. So It will be OK at there shop for another week or to then it goes straight to primer. and its just dusty KC no worries. lots of Dust/ old paint particles and media blasting material. gonna have to blow it out air or something but the shop thats priming can do that.
Thanks,
JC

Last edited:

blacksheep

Cool - just saying. Have the body shop hook a huge hose up to a drum of paint thinner and wash her down real good! That pesky dusty can cause havoc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Which shop is priming/painting the car?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned