The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Overhaul of #244/2000 New Pics. 09/25/08

jcgalntvr4-244

Quote:
Jeremy - the car pretty much needs to be stripped to the bone for media-blast. NO wiring harness, dash, etc. That blast will kill stuff quick...make sure its a naked carcass before it goes out to him.

Also, does this place have a rotissiere?

Take pics, BTW!

Yeah yeah KC I know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I Am taking every thing out of the car. It will be just a shell when it goes off to Mediablast. I dont know if they have a rotissiere KC I might have found one though.
Here are todays new pics as you can see its getting even closer to getting Blasted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

jcgalntvr4-244

I still Have to pull all the sound crap off the floor...which sucks I might add.

All the parts from behind the dash.

Last edited:

jcgalntvr4-244

Quote:
Glass too. Get it outta there. And paint or replace that trim while you're at it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah the guys at the paint shop are going to do that before they MediaBlast it.

Jason G.

And I'm complaining about rebuilding/ putting in an engine, ABS delete, doing a manual steering rack and replacing an intentionally cut fuel feed line. And I just bought the car.

It's an oil change in comparison to what you're doing.
Very commendable, good luck! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

steve

+1 I would have absolutely NO hope of ever getting the car back together if it looked like that.

G

Staff member
dam bro, are you labeling everything you take out ? all the screws & bolts ? i would forget where everything goes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

jcgalntvr4-244

Yes G I am doing just that. Its actually real simple guys/gals. I just leave every screw in the stuff that I take out. Immediately tape it to the part where it goes with masking tape and put it in its proper box. I am not wanting to spend 4 hours trying to remember where stuff goes. I also take pics of where stuff goes like these so it makes me remember where stuff goes when I get to putting it back next spring.

Last edited:

I can't wait to follow along online as I get to watch you proceed through this process. I'll be rooting for you every week at work. Despite 70% of people not giving a flying f*** about our cars, I'm sure I'l talk to a wicked lot of people about whats going on with it every step......regardles of the fact that I've never met or even personally talked to you.....this place is weird....these cars are weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

jcgalntvr4-244

^^ man thats exactly how 98% of this Board is . If anyone ever said they were coming through Des Moines and needed a place to crash I wouldn't hesitate to let a member of this Board stay at my house. Its weird were all a big family here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Hertz

Staff member
+1 People like Jeremy make this a real brotherhood. Thanks for sharing the pics! I wish I was closer, I love taking stuff apart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

When you're done you'll have a real intimate knowledge of the car!

jcgalntvr4-244

Well Ryan I'm not doing the doors until the Iowa meet so we can all "Learn" how to properly take the window out of a Gvr4 door! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hertz

Staff member
It's a good time to do some mods and maint, too. Lube the guide and I wrapped some foam around the latch mechanism arm because it rattled against my window when it was down.

mark95

Quote:
I still Have to pull all the sound crap off the floor...which sucks I might add.

Putty knife and hammer. works like a champ.

jcgalntvr4-244

^^ Hey Mark why dont ya come over and "show" me how that works. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

JB

Ah, the love in the room. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

turboflanagan

I'd like to see a video like the guy did with the, what was it, a 260Z? Those were great creative videos of ripping apart and rebuilding a car.

4Grim

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Holy Smokes....Only a chop shop ring would think that was a beautiful site!

I am curious of the pics after the car goes through a media blast.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned