The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oil Filter housing removal........repost x's infinity.....

381gvr4

At work, cant find in search.....

Have to remove Crank pully and pull back timing cover to get to one of the bolts????? Need to port bypass and cant remember...... Any help to make this task easier is appreciated!! -Russ

All kinds of info in this thread with many links. Here.

Yes remove crank pulley. You can get away with not pulling the whole timing cover. Remove the lower bolts and peek in there to find the one hidden OFH bolt. Then drill a hole in the timing cover and remove the OFH bolt.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoostedAWD91

i personally wouldnt wanna drill a hole in the cover to remove the bolt. I just replaced mine and i replaced it in less than a hour. I pulled the crank pulley off, removed the lower half of the timing cover bolts to where i could pull the timing cover back enough to take the one bolt out. once u get that one hidden bolt out u can let go of the timing cover and remove the other 3 bolts and it comes right off. Its pretty easy to remove. Getting to the bolt behind the cover is the hardest part

I hear ya on drilling the hole but its so small and I covered it with duct tape that I said screw it. I'm under there so often that I can keep an eye on the tape to make sure its holding up. This way I don't have to remove 4-6 extra bolts if I ever need to remove it again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

381gvr4

Cut spring.... called it a day. Max PSI = 90 now FTW...... Thanks to all for help- Russ

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned