The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oh no! car idles at 300rpm

Diego

Ok well let's start this,

Drove 577 to work 8am-fine
Take lunch 12pm-fine
Get off work car is high idling then drops to 300rpms and putts off dies

Replaced the plug wires they were just replaced but looked heat soaked

Only mods 16g, boost and A/F guage...... that's it. Never ran like this at all before hand was fine besides going rich at 8psi... that's another issue but on topic who can help me.

Thanks

Terry Posten

What is the low fuel trim?

I bet it is lean (low trim in the 130s).

You most likely have a seal or gasket that has failed in the TB or an injector seal that has cracked or gotten so hard it can't seal anymore. And these really show up after full temp has been reached.

Diego

No logger to reference the trim, no guage or aftermarket fpr like on 1309, she I can read

577 again bone stock all 104k miles. Motor is rebuilt 10k or so ago only driven it for 3,xxx miles in 2 1/2 months. It still has stock exhaust.

Had the rail out last week(had a broken fuel rail bolt) looked at the injectors seemed fine, and so did the insulators.

Omg I'm gonna go crazy. I didn't hear any extra air being pushed from the TB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Maybe I don't know what to fully look for but I have thought of everything I could. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Terry Posten

With the car running (idle), gently spin the injectors side to side to see if the idle bobbles a little bit. Do this with the engine hot.

The injectors should be snug and not move easily side to side and the idle should not be affected.

If you just had the rail out, the isolators can get ripped/cracked very easily. Use Vaseline or a drop of oil on the seals to make sure the injectors slide in without sticking to the rubber.

FYI - If you have a WB, that would show right away if you are lean at idle. (but you probably already knew that)

Diego

^ knew that.

Before rail bolt broke the injectors had a lot of side to side play. I referenced on 1309 that mine were tight so 577 should have been tight but negative.

Motor is still warm, I started it and wiggled the injectors, still doing the same thing.

But car when left to set for a minute and start up, sounds and starts fine, once it cycled it retorts back to wimpy stage.

Terry Posten

Meter your ISC and make sure a coil is not starting to die. Should read 30-40 ohms on each of the 4 coils.

Diego

Terry I got video, let me send it to your phone....

Diego

How would I meter or where do I take a reading from while its firing?

Terry Posten

Meter it with the car off.

Diego

Problem solved. Bad injectors, replaced with spares I have and it runs fine.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned