The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

number3 on the move...

slugsgomoo

+1 on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

and +1 on "what state?"

I just hope the new owner treats it nice, but I feel bad for 'em since it'll always be "harry's car" to some extent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

curtis

Congrats on the sale

I'm sure the car brought the money... the standard was there and so was the attention to detail, and the history. If anyone's is worth big dollars it was that car. We all know he'll have another one, he has to teach little harry to wrench on something why not a painful car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

blacksheep

I am sure it was hard to let go... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hope you get the Ariel Atom - everyone deserves to own an Atom! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
As strange as it sounds I was ready to sell and move on. Yes, I have had many hours of work and fun with this car but I really wanted someone else to enjoy the feeling I had owning her over the years. I felt I was being selfish and needed to spread the love, if you will. Number3 is traveling west, to the other side of the country, so it will be a treat for me, to have people who have never seen the car in person before get a chance to.

I hope the new owner takes lots of pictures (and shares them) and take her to lots of car shows and to the track every now and then.

Harry, I've been meaning to PM you asking if you took pics of her getting loaded onto the truck. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Number 3's new home is now Arizona.

I've loved Mitsubishi's turbo cars ever since the mid 90's when my mother brought a 95 3000GT VR4 home. Since then I've had a couple DSM's and one GVR4.

I let 1101 defeat me about 14 months ago and since I sold her I've missed spending time with a Mitsu and felt I made a big mistake in selling her considering how clean she was. I believe that the new owner, Michael aka boostedinAZ, won cleanest GVR4 at a meet in CA last year.

Needless to say I am very excited, although a bit nervous at the same time, about acquiring number 3. I know I've got quite the shoes to fill and although I don't know everything there is to know about turbo Mitsus, I will do my best to keep number 3 going strong.

It almost brings a tear to my eye seeing your son stand next to the car. He looks as if he's thinking, dad, do we have to say goodbye to the car? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Thanks again, Harry, for giving me the opportunity to carry on what you've started. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

boostedinaz

I knew it. Mike you HAVE to bring it to the next DSM meet on the 7th.

14bCrazy

It sure will not have a rust problem out there. A quick question. Did you come out the see it before you bought it? If not photo's don't do it justice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Have fun with it.

Polish

So what did it end up selling for? Just curious. If you don't want to say, I understand.

No I did not come out to see the car before I bought it. I wouldn't recommend anyone do this but considering Harry's reputation within the community and all the photos posted and praise the car constantly recieved I felt this would be one of those instances where not seeing the car in person was ok. I knew I had to act fast if I were to make this happen.

As for what I paid, if Harry wants to disclose that then hes more than welcome. Given all the extras included, the hours and tasteful work put into the car I felt like it was a great deal.

Michael, I would love to have the car at the meet this Thursday but unfortunately the car won't be here yet according to my contact at Intercity Lines. If you are itching to see the car right away I will PM you with when it is supposed to arrive or you can see it on the dyno at dyno-comp.com on the 15th. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

boostedinaz

Quote:
Michael, I would love to have the car at the meet this Thursday but unfortunately the car won't be here yet according to my contact at Intercity Lines. If you are itching to see the car right away I will PM you with when it is supposed to arrive or you can see it on the dyno at dyno-comp.com on the 15th.

Not sure if I will be able to make it on that day, but I want to see it ASAP for sure.

DR1665

Number 3 is coming to Phoenix? Oh sh*t.

I'll be sure to park mine next to it at the March INO meet so people can see the ugliest GVR4 next to the prettiest. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wow. This is exciting. I can't wait to see such an awesome specimen in person.

Nate

I have to second (third?) all the comments about pictures not doing it justice. While I'm a little sad to see it go, I'm very thankful to know that I'll never have to worry about seeing the engine bay get scratched. It's just as clean under that hood as it is on the outside.

Make sure to drive it by AGP Turbo and show Ben and Kevin. Ben's seen it before, many times, but Kevin would probably appreciate seeing the craftsmanship.

I'll admit, I'll miss it too, but at least it'll live out its days in the rust free zone that it deserves. :)

Nate

atc250r

Staff member
First off, congrats to Harry for having the heart to sell the car and move onto other things. Congrats to Mike for buying such a well crafted automobile. I know that Harry didn't put a lot of miles on the car, hopefully Mike will use it often and not let the fact that its so clean keep him from putting lots of miles on it. A car like that is meant to be driven.

John

14bCrazy

Quote:
No I did not come out to see the car before I bought it. I wouldn't recommend anyone do this but considering Harry's reputation within the community and all the photos posted and praise the car constantly recieved I felt this would be one of those instances where not seeing the car in person was ok. I knew I had to act fast if I were to make this happen.

As for what I paid, if Harry wants to disclose that then hes more than welcome. Given all the extras included, the hours and tasteful work put into the car I felt like it was a great deal.

Michael, I would love to have the car at the meet this Thursday but unfortunately the car won't be here yet according to my contact at Intercity Lines. If you are itching to see the car right away I will PM you with when it is supposed to arrive or you can see it on the dyno at dyno-comp.com on the 15th. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dude you are in for a suprise!! It's a beat up pile of junk!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif No really I would love to see your face when you get to see her for the first time. You should have an extra pair of underwear close by.

TWEAKD4

Harry what are your plans for the next project? I think it would be hard to build up any car to fill the shoes of #3. I hope this doesn't mean you won't be part of galantvr4.org anymore.

BoostedAWD91

+4 on the car lookin 100 times better in person. there is not one flaw anywhere on the car. Its so beautiful it should be put in a big glass case and put on show for generations to come /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

number3

Thank you very much guys. That means alot to me. The support of this group awesome.

Mike will enjoy the car. I could tell just by talking with him about it.

What is next? I have been eyeing the Atom Ariel for about 7 years now but for now I think I might actually design myself one of those fancy home theaters and listening rooms I design for others. I put money aside each money into fun car fund so something will pop up someday. Maybe I will build a cobra with my son. Who knows? But when I know I will share it with you.

For now I will enjoy this .

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned