The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

number3 on the move...

curtis

Young master Harry doesn't look to happy about this days events.

You didn't sell a car you sold a mirror.

boostedinaz

^^^^

From what I gathered when I went to see it he is super happy. I will let Mike post he is own thoughts but I know he loves it so far.

Quote:
What does the new owner think about the car? He should have seen it by now.

I think the car is gorgeous, I love it already and I haven't even had a chance to get intimate with it yet. Of course every person has their own preferences but I wouldn't have persued this car to the extent I did if I didn't like pretty much everything about it.

The Volk wheels are absolutely gorgeous. I'm going to get new tires for the SSR's and use those more often so the Volks stay nice and clean for events.

The paint is like glass with only a few small areas that need attention. Overall Harry has kept the paint in great shape. All it needs is a quick clay bar and then a nice coat of wax. Eventually I will clear coat the carbon hood so it stays shiny.

The IC piping is much bigger in person than in the photos, its actually huge, especially the lower one.

Also, in the photos the cruise control is hidden. I was pleasently surprised when I found out it was still in tact, just mounted lower. That will be great for trips up to Sedona or CA, etc.

The interior is in excellent shape, I'm really impressed with the cage. Its not very intrusive to rear occupants at all except for entry/exit in the foot area. Its sucks that the front seats don't recline but I sit upright most of the time anyway. I will eventually cover the cage with a nice microfiber or alcantara cloth to protect the black paint. My grandmother is a seamstress so I will have her stitch up something nice.

I planned on switching the momo steering wheel to a sparco racer cause I like the flat bottom but this momo wheel is thick and comfortable, very nicely made, so it will stay.

Other than those small things I really haven't even had a chance to drive the car yet. Friday its going to the dyno to get the afr corrected and then I'll head over to the dmv to register it.

I know the dyno is not the prefered method of tuning a car for most of you hardcore racers but since I currently lack the "tuning" knowledge that few possess the dyno will have to do. The nice thing about dynocomp is they can put a load on the engine to simulate real world driving. I'm not so concerned about a huge hp/tq figure right now, just that the afr is safe. Unfortunately for now I will need to switch from race gas to pump gas, at least until I get a more advanced engine management system so that I can switch maps. Race fuel is not very convenient while on the road.

Other than that, as of right now the car will go with me to the grave. If I don't end up leaving it to a family member or selling it maybe I'll will it to Mitsubishi's motorsports mueseum. Who knows. When I get a chance I'll post pictures of her arrival to Phoenix.

Last edited by a moderator:

jepherz

Staff member
Quote:
I know the dyno is not the prefered method of tuning a car for most of you hardcore racers

Lol, and what is?

boostedinaz

Street tune.

Most Dyno's can "pretend" to load a car like it is on the street, but it will never be exactly like a street tune.

Last edited:

14bCrazy

You can put me in your will. Where do you live and can I get a good shot off somewhere near your house. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

number3

I am very happy you are happy.

The IC pipes are 3" aluminium. They polish up real nice but it takes real elbow grease.

The fuel in the car when you got it was 94 octane not race gas. I love the cell too. One of my best designs on the car along with the IC tanks.

Take the Tial springs to the dyno just in case you need them. The springs in the gate seem to only be good to about 27 PSI.

It will be intersting to see how much hp the CAT takes off the 475-500 hp to the wheels I got at the last trips to the dyno.

Just a warning that the car flys so don't kill yourself in it, please. Seriously.

The nick in the grill area has been there for years and ever car has to have one small nick. But that should be it for any blemish in the paint. If there where others that is a surprise to me. The car is painted GM black. Use the color code for a 2000 Black Corvette.

The seats do recline. You have to move the seat up. But I always sit up straight when I am driving.

Please make sure to adjust the harness belt to fit you properly. I want your to be safe. The adjustment for the crotch belt is under the seat. You might have to remove the seat to get to it. I made it tighter when I put the belts back in assuming you might be smaller than me. I was 6'1" 205lbs (183.) Also make sure the bars are padded if you or your passenger's head is anywhere near them when you are seated in the car. Mine wasn't in the driving position.

That carbon hood was the original for the group buy years and years ago. I never installed window squirters. You know how I feel about wipers. YUCK! The clear coat finish you see is how I got it but the hood weighs less than 10 lbs and is alot lighter than the steel hood and people seems to like it. Hell the hood is up 98% of the time anyway because people want to see the engine.

Have fun and post some pictures!

Harry,

I will take the Tial springs with me but I have a feeling that I won't be running more than 20 psi since the highest octane we have here in AZ is 91 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif . Anything higher is hard to find, especially if I am out on the road and need to stop at a random station.

Thanks for the warning. I have been on a 150 hp bike for the last 400 days so I'm used to speed but I will take it easy at first as a precaution.

Hmm, I never noticed the nick in the grill but I haven't had a chance to wash the car yet. The most noticable blemsih I found was on the passenger side rear 1/4 panel. No big deal, it can be fixed.

Yes the wiper arms are coming off asap.

Here are some photos of the car arriving:

Some guy was transporting his Aston Martin Vanquish "S" from TX to CA. This thing sounded awesome when it fired up.

By the way, nice job on this model Harry. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

1101 my previous Galant. She looks great.

Distant relatives.

Hope those are good for now.

Spott

That does look mighty nice.

i think the only thing #3 needs is a bigger intercooler so you do see so much of the end tanks.

iirc from viewing the fs add harry u made it that way. but damn thats such a nice car.

atc250r

Staff member
I think the only thing it needs is to be driven, A LOT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

John

SleepinGVR4

Quote:
i think the only thing #3 needs is a bigger intercooler so you do see so much of the end tanks.

Thats because you've never seen it. The intercooler is f'n huge.

number3

I added a few of the shots to my account. If you mind let me know.

www.flickr.com

curtis

"Some guy was transporting his Aston Martin Vanquish "S" from TX to CA. This thing sounded awesome when it fired up. "

Should have lined them up. I ate one of those one day for lunch. I still get a boner thinking about my pile of parts eating up a 150K car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Well I finally got to drive the car. Had it flatbedded this morning to dyno-comp which was about 25 miles north of me.

We get the car on the dyno and it didn't want to stay started to save its life. Fire it up, hold revs for a minute, let off, die. Repeat. After about an hour and a half of fiddling with the safc and vpc the car finally started to feel better again and would idle.

91 octane really sucks. The car made a blistering 313 whp @ 18 psi. Anything more and the car would pull timing. The owner said he was still impressed considering a 35% loss, so 400 at the flywheel, right about what I expected.

Plans are to ditch and first gen safc and go to a safc II. This way I can have two settings, one for race fuel and one for pump, and then I'll get a dummy cat.

I drove the car back and I must say it feels good to be back in a Mitsu. The Tien suspension is quite stiff. I didn't even get on it once because I still don't have tags on it but its still enjoyable and it gets quite a bit of looks for being such a sleeper. I suspect its the AN fittings peeking out from under the rear bumper and the visible cage when the light shines through the rear glass at the right angle. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Unfortunately the car failed emissions so I wasn't able to register it. Anyone in Phoenix have an emissions "hook up"? God I hate going to emissions testing. All the employees just want to get you in an out and are fiddling with your car etc. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Then to top it off it started raining. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Overall I'm happy that the car is tuned safely. I'd also like to mention that I am extremely impressed with Dyno-comp and their staff. This is only the second time that I've been to their facility but both times everyone was very nice and professional. These guys work on some pretty sick cars and they have never had an attitude like any other vehicle is less of a car than theirs or someone elses that costs 3 times as much or because it has a different badge on it. As a matter of fact, the people who worked on the car today were quite impressed by it and had nothing but nice things to say about number 3.

So a big thanks to Dyno-comp and to Harry for building a kick ass car. Pics:

hmmm, a Mitsu on a flatbed, never seen that before. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Some other cars in their shop. This purty 350 Z made 260 whp. No idea on the mods other than exhaust and intake.

Dyno-Comps '07 (I think) STi. Its no Mitsu but this thing is crazy, the cage in it is beautiful, carbon fiber everywhere, Brembo brakes, built motor etc etc. You can see more of it in this months issue of D Sport.

boostedinaz

Quote:
Plans are to ditch and first gen safc and go to a safc II.

I would go with DSMLink, but that's just me.

Check me out.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned