The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New wheels and tires

kartorium

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Now the wheels are time attack on one side, and curb attack on the other.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

JB

^Damn. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

atc250r

Staff member
Give up the 1/2" of rim width and get an 8" with 42-45mm offset. They will tuck under nicely and not rub anything.

John

kartorium

I went with the 8.5" partly so that I could stuff 275's or 285 race rubber on them if I wanted, yet still keep them under the fender somewhat for street.

I don't think I would put 275-285s on those wheels. I was told that 275 is probably all I want to do on my 9s so it doesn't round the shoulder at all.

dc_style

alright... well i'm looking at some local rims, rpf1's with some 255's, they are 17x8.5 with a +38 offset... will i need to mess with the rear arm? i understand it'll probably stick out slightly...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned